Moonshine and Popcorn

If we were all alike, it would be a very dull world. And I try to make it a point to always default to the side of grace, unless I’m pushed bad, then I sometimes lose my grace[:I]

I’ve got no bad feelings for MD at all. Sometimes a nuisance, but always good entertainment, and I kind of like my Swamp Worshiper title :smiley: His opinion is as valid as mine, even if I don’t agree.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

If we were all alike, it would be a very dull world. And I try to make it a point to always default to the side of grace, unless I’m pushed bad, then I sometimes lose my grace[:I]

I’ve got no bad feelings for MD at all. Sometimes a nuisance, but always good entertainment, and I kind of like my Swamp Worshiper title :smiley: His opinion is as valid as mine, even if I don’t agree.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I have always said the Moonshine and Popcorn crowd is the only place anyone will find true forgiveness and Grace. Given, we might be rolling around on the ground laughing alot about who has the stinkiest farts, but we are real easy to get along with…

RBF

quote:
I have always said the Moonshine and Popcorn crowd is the only place anyone will find true forgiveness and Grace.

That’s my kind of people there. I don’t even take me serious.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’m enjoying this thread. Happy Independence Day, esp you CL

“Enough hijacking, this is a major thread”

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
I have always said the Moonshine and Popcorn crowd is the only place anyone will find true forgiveness and Grace.

That’s my kind of people there. I don’t even take me serious.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSVFp4P71I

2:15 minute portion is hilarious

RBF

I found this most interesting do to prior discussions regarding when one has accepted Jesus as the Lord and Savior but continues to sin, even sometimes willfully. This passage addresses this, but looked at only in isolation will render a different interpretation than if one knows the whole scripture. Again, the point is Bible verses are useful, but can be used to manipulate the total body of work of the Bible. You have to read it all, or you’ll be susceptible to misinformation. Just another example:

https://carm.org/questions/other-questions/what-sin-spoken-hebrews-1026

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

I found this most interesting do to prior discussions regarding when one has accepted Jesus as the Lord and Savior but continues to sin, even sometimes willfully. This passage addresses this, but looked at only in isolation will render a different interpretation than if one knows the whole scripture. Again, the point is Bible verses are useful, but can be used to manipulate the total body of work of the Bible. You have to read it all, or you’ll be susceptible to misinformation. Just another example:

RBF

Just remember, pride, lust, arrogance, haughtiness, dissension, and stirring up trouble, mockery are all sins... Some of these are sins that we (including me) struggle with... My understanding of the scripture is that our salvation doesn't give us a "license to sin", but moreover, if we think it is a license to sin, then we probably aren't truly saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. My impression is that we must HATE these things and wage war against them in our own heart. In other words, when I catch myself being arrogant, I must identify this, and willfully fight against it...
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

Just remember, pride, lust, arrogance, haughtiness, dissension, and stirring up trouble, mockery are all sins... Some of these are sins that we (including me) struggle with... My understanding of the scripture is that our salvation doesn't give us a "license to sin", but moreover, if we think it is a license to sin, then we probably aren't truly saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. My impression is that we must HATE these things and wage war against them in our own heart. In other words, when I catch myself being arrogant, I must identify this, and willfully fight against it...

All noted and agreed. That’s why it is great to be a Christian, Jesus has you covered just in case you can not comply.

RBF

Moonshine and Popcorn…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7xhqerj04

RBF