Morel Mushrooms and Catfish

Passed on some Jakes turkey hunting in the morning. Caught some cats and found some mushrooms in the afternoon.

Yeah man! Nice work on all of it. Morels are awesome, I just wish I knew where to go for them. I’ve tried a few times and got nothing but poisonous crap.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

Nice! Not wanting specifics since morel grounds are treasured secrets, but what part of the state were you in?

ED, I’m back in Missouri. Moved back here last year from Summerville. This was on my farm here.

Hahah! We’ve all clearly been looking in the wrong area then.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

Well that clears it up. Some people say they find them in the Lowcountry, but I’ve never seen it.

I never found them there

Nice! We got a few lions mane last year that were fantastic and HUGE! There are also a good amount of chanterelles around…most of the time right under your nose!

I’m down to tag along with anyone that knows what they are doing. I hear that’s the only safe way to learn.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

quote:
Originally posted by JordanOnaYak

I’m down to tag along with anyone that knows what they are doing. I hear that’s the only safe way to learn.

26 Seahunt
Angler’s Dream

I’d love to tag along as well! My Nana would come over from England and pick some when I was little. I’ve picked up a couple of books, but I don’t trust myself. Had ton’s of mushroom’s all over this past fall.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”