Morris Is. question

You would think being a lifetime resident and skipping school to steal my dads boat since I was 15 I would know a little bit more about Morris.
I have done the partying on the Fort Sumter side, pick up the occasional menhaden there etc… but I’ve never been close to the light house. It looks easy to get there from the folly river maybe when looking across from Folly and I can see people walking on beach there, but how about from harbor side? can i sneak around close to the island and slip betweeen south jetty and lighthouse and find a place to anchor? Is it too shallow or rough? do i need to go out jetties and drive around and enter between folly and morris? I’ve just never tried or even been over that direction. I also never hear of much fishing reports over there. I know i can’t go right up to light house but wanted to get kind of close if possible. mainly hang out on beach for a bit. I imagine its an awesome view.
I do plan on bringing my fishing gear either way, but was just wondering if it’s possible without having to go to folly river.

You can get to the lighthouse on 1/2 tide or higher but I’m not gonna try at low . I’ve paid Skip for too many prop repairs already! You could go thru dynamite hole but a big bar surrounds the area

That sandbar is NO JOKE, serious stuff, and the tide will give you little relief there!

1 Like