Mosquito history.

Are they making it? I’d say to this is the worst in my life I’ve ever seen them in the fall in S.C. Got the tractor hung up on a stump this afternoon and had the sorry gallon nippers forced me into a run to get back to the truck.

I’ve seen worse in North Dakota, Canada, and Alaska, but never like this around here. Must be global warming…

Fred, you ever been to Canada when the Black Fly’s are out? Them things bite hard! First time I ever ran into them, was when I stopped to pee in the woods! I had to run through the woods peeing and running:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Fred, you ever been to Canada when the Black Fly’s are out? Them things bite hard! First time I ever ran into them, was when I stopped to pee in the woods! I had to run through the woods peeing and running:wink:

Now there is a picture in my head. :smiley: Hard to run and pee without making a mess!!

Had a couple of run ins with the black flies, but not as bad as mosquitoes. Room mate and I took the bikes up to Winnipeg a few times and it was unbelievable how bad they would cover your visor. As bad as mayflies in places.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Are they making it? I’d say to this is the worst in my life I’ve ever seen them in the fall in S.C. Got the tractor hung up on a stump this afternoon and had the sorry gallon nippers forced me into a run to get back to the truck.

I’ve seen worse in North Dakota, Canada, and Alaska, but never like this around here. Must be global warming…

1000 year Skeeter.

They are terrible around here. I think that little cold snap killed off all the dragonflies right before the mosquito hatch happened. Totally screwed us, and hoping for a hard early frost.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Call the animal control out here in the boro and get the yard sprayed/fogged.

Double D.

quote:
Originally posted by Double D

Call the animal control out here in the boro and get the yard sprayed/fogged.

Double D.

They came out already! Did wonders around the house for a couple of days, but they are back. I’ll have to call again. Don’t know how often they’ll come?

Last weekend 3 planes were spraying side by side Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The only thing I can say for sure they killed were butterflies. Sulfur’s, fritillaries, and monarchs were littering the ground.

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

All that flooding has given them more areas than usual to breed I’d guess. They’ve been worse in the midlands recently too. Still not bad as on the campus of CSU where we went to football camp in the 90’s. Those little bastards tried to carry of a 300lb OL and would’ve been successful too if not for him holding on to the goal post. :clown_face: Worst place I’ve ever been for them was AK. I read there are like 23 species up there and I think at least 21 got me. They’re on a different level. Here they find you and then annoy the heck out of you. Up there they literally wait outside of doors and bombard you. Amazing little vampires.

You gonna talk or FISH!

Never seen them this bad on Wadmalaw. Not sure if Thermacell smoke is harmful, but if it is, I’m going to have whatever it gives you! Can’t sit in a tree stand without clipping it to my chest and inhaling the smoke!

Some of em are so big I think they have ticks on their legs!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

They are bad on John’s Island too, especially around my rabbit pens. Tried a lot of things, but apple cider vinegar in their water seems to help keep them off at least a little bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHjq6E7ZwS4

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHjq6E7ZwS4

RBF

It’s been a bit since I’ve heard that one!