Most anticipated new vehicles in the next 2 years?

04 Suburban with 205k on it will do me just fine for a few more years. Hopefully.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

04 Suburban with 205k on it will do me just fine for a few more years. Hopefully.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

1500 or 2500? They sure don’t make Suburbans like they used to, so should probably keep that one going as long as you can.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

https://auto-trends.net/2019-toyota-diesel-hilux-u-s-market/

May get it eventually.

15’ HIGH TIDE 40 YA

Doubtful. The chief engineer has made no secret about it over the past few years that he is against a diesel truck in the US. I’d put my money on a diesel Jaguar truck before Toyota.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

So Ford announced today that they will stop selling all Ford cars in the US except the Mustang and one other car that isn’t out yet.

I’m sorry, but if you buy a Ford vehicle (minis trucks), including Lincoln, you are just asking for the absolute worst resale value imaginable. I’ve owned several Ford and Mercury vehicles, and the changes in brand, and cars that they have discontinued have made so many of them worthless when we got rid of them. Looks like the trend will continue. Sorry for any of you Taurus/Focus/Fusion owners. You’re resale value is going to suck.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

That is going to hurt a lot of LE departments that are driving the Taurus Police Interceptor.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Maybe they’ll transition to a Kia. They are just as much American made as the Taurus was. And better engines now. Imagine a Kia Stinger Police interceptor.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

It’s all about the torque baby! HP means nothing.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

:question: An old myth.

Got to have horsepower to get torque dude!

Horsepower means all. Torque is the twisting force the engine crankshaft places against the load, which comes from HORSEPOWER:smiley:. It isn’t engine torque that decides how fast you go up the hill, it is horsepower.

Another myth for you, more torque equals better towing, depending on the overall gear ratio horsepower is the most important measure to generate “torque”. :smiley:

I could go on and on on this debate! Love this stuff.

Kind like the argument between motors and engines + many many more. I figure both internal combustion and electrical can be both many don’t. :smiley:

So the 270hp version of my car should outrun my 200hp, right?

I know what you mean about the math to measure HP in the RPM range, but torque is the major multiplier so it is driving the power curve is what I was getting at. Not saying HP is irrelevant, but torque is what drives the biggest advantage in the power curve.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Maybe they'll transition to a Kia. They are just as much American made as the Taurus was. And better engines now. Imagine a Kia Stinger Police interceptor.

The problem will be the absence of yet another “police package” vehicle. The Interceptor sedan and SUV (Explorer) have heavy duty alternators, electrical systems, enhanced suspensions, cooling systems, engines and safety designs. Civilian vehicles turned into police cars don’t last long. Oh well, we adapted when the Crown Vic went away. I just got a new Interceptor SUV so I’m on my last car anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

So the 270hp version of my car should outrun my 200hp, right?

Wilderness Ride 115

Depends on gearing and many other factors.

My 1995 Lightning with 240hp factory will cut my 2014 king ranch with 360hp tail.

Also take into consideration how the factory measures horsepower, Lots of loss from engine to rear wheels. Put them both on a dyno and I’ll bet you’d be surprised how far off from factory specs they are.

Torque is derived by horsepower.

Want to take a look at the Subaru Ascent. ‘Reasonably dressed AWD family hauler rated to tow 5000lbs. It’ll handle my 17’ Henry O pretty well. Pure tow vehicle? No. Competent tow vehicle that’ll get me to/from ramp and do the infrequent towing trip? Yep. A little leary of the CVT, but, Subaru stuff generally holds together pretty well.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

That new engine in the Ascent looks sweet. If they drop that into the Outback it might be my next travel vehicle.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I was actually looking at used Subarus for my oldest (Outback/Forrester). I like the AWD and many other features but they have a lot of reported head gasket issues. There are abunch around and they seem to have a strong brand loyalty. I’m guessing any such head gasket problems have been fixed.

The V6 and turbo engines don’t have that problem. Which is why I would love to see this in the Outback. Power of the V6 but mileage of the boxer 4.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Y’all let me know what you want me to go find during SEMA this year… But my vote would go to the Bronco right now. I’m a Chevy guy, but that new Bronco looks sexy.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Y’all let me know what you want me to go find during SEMA this year… But my vote would go to the Bronco right now. I’m a Chevy guy, but that new Bronco looks sexy.

GAY

can you go and not come home?

quote:
GAY

That could be construed as hat speech.

He mad bro