Most anticipated new vehicles in the next 2 years?

Ok all you car nuts, dreamers, and tire kickers. What cars/trucks/suvs are you all most excited to see come out in the next few years? There seems to be a lot of new offerings now that Trump is in office and manufacturers have a clearer understanding of consumers spending habits.

Ford Ranger?
Jeep Scrambler?
Ford Bronco?
New 4Runner?
Sporty 4 doors?

What’s your pleasure?

Mine is the Jeep Scrambler (truck) and Ford Bronco. Classics from my HS days.

Ford Bronco!
I just hope they listened to the people they interviewed and follow through how they should. We dont need another Ford Excursion.
Agree with the Scrambler also.
So many regulations now, makes it tough to make anything like before.

Series 300 Land Cruiser.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

F 150 crew

I like the LandCruiser or would love to see a new Excursion.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Series 300 Land Cruiser.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Toyota can’t afford to develop a LC for the States just to sell 2k-3k vehicles so unfortunately your next series will be more Subaru than Toyota.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

A full sized truck with excellent towing capacity and 20+ mpg rating.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Aren’t there like half a dozen of those out there right now?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Dura max!

[quote]Aren’t there like half a dozen of those out there right now?[quote]

Are there? Haven’t looked recently but I probably should have said Tundra as that is the only complaint I have with mine.

Tundra needs diesel really bad though. Toyota is so far behind on redesigns for their trucks and SUVs. The Tundra and 4Runner needed an update like 3-4 years ago. The new Ram and GMC/Chevy trucks that were just introduced blow the Tundra away in styling and features. They are like a Lexus or Mercedes truck now. And great MPG as well.

Toyota knows their customers will take old designs for reliability. It’s tough to watch Toyota put more technology in a Corolla than a $40k 4Runner or Tundra.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I have 2016 Ram that AVERAGES 24.5 MPG running around the island and town. It has a 305 HP V6 and tows 7000 pounds. However when I pull a 22 foot CC, the mileage drops down only 14MPG. Gas cost starts to add up when we go to Key West!

ZX

tanksgt,

how do you like that rotary shifter? I have a 2000 ram and will be looking to get a new truck soon. A dodge truck is certainly worthy of a repeat but I have read a bit about those shifters and some problems.

Any problems with yours?

j

Took a peak at a $50k Tacoma. Dear lord. Cheap interior and manual seats and a back seat with same room as my old 2000 Tacoma. Only thing missing was roll up windows and a cassette deck and they could tack another grand on and call it retro.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

tanksgt,

how do you like that rotary shifter? I have a 2000 ram and will be looking to get a new truck soon. A dodge truck is certainly worthy of a repeat but I have read a bit about those shifters and some problems.

Any problems with yours?

j

We have a 2014 Durango with one. The wife has put 63000 miles on it so far with no issues. I like it and haven’t seen any negatives from it. You do not get any ■■■■■■■■ from it, though like you would on a manual linkage to the transmission.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Was in Trinadad a few years back and drove a Toyota Helux with a 5 cyl. 300 hp diesel, wow what a hoss and got 50 mph, sure wish they could send them to the states! Bigger than a Tocoma not as big as a Tundra, true 8’ bed!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Was in Trinadad a few years back and drove a Toyota Helux with a 5 cyl. 300 hp diesel, wow what a hoss and got 50 mph, sure wish they could send them to the states! Bigger than a Tocoma not as big as a Tundra, true 8’ bed!

Link??

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

told it would be here by Christmas…

https://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/en-GB/cullinan.html

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo
quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Aren’t there like half a dozen of those out there right now?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

There are a good many that make that claim. But then you actually tow something with them and get awfully disappointed.

The EcoBoost F150 does great on the highway unloaded and offers up to 8000#'s towing capacity…but load it heavy and mileage takes a dump. Same with the Dodge EcoDiesel at around 8000 #'s max. Great concept for highway driving, and it performs awesome unloaded, but put a trailer behind it heavy and it’s a turd.

Silverado 1500 has a max available towing capacity of like 9000#'s but doesn’t offer any real world big MPG numbers.

This is precisely why Nissan developed the Titan XD. They call it a 5/8 ton truck…an overly capable half-ton truck with a 12k+ pound towing capacity. My '17 Pro-4X (lower gear ratios, so worst mileage of the lineup) gets 16+ MPG in town whether it’s unloaded or loaded with a 10k# trailer. After a tune and deleting the DEF and DPF and SCR and EGR and all related emissions crap, it doesn’t work nearly as hard doing so. The other trim models do a bit better, some even seeing 20MPG.

Problem is they will never advertise towing mileage per gallon, which is important to someone who actually tows almost every day.

The truck market is crazy nowadays with insane prices, especially with di

It’s all about the torque baby! HP means nothing.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115