Mother Norton

Threw back a ton of 12 inches flounder. But the Gator trout were on fire.

https://goo.gl/photos/gVkKNx5P26AMDGC76

Nice job, sounds like a good day.
What were you catching them on?

Trolling mud minnows

Having tried trolling minnows.
Might have to give it a try.
Got any suggestions on weight & trolling speed?

I use 1 Oz and troll just fast enough to make you wonder if your moving. Real slow up current.

Thanks, I will have to give that a try.

Nice! You need to take me one day.

Nice tailgate, glad to see someone with time to fish! Go get em!

I’ve heard the trout are thick this year.

I’m curious about the location of Mother Nortons Creek. About 10 years ago I went to a creek behind the south jetty that ran through the island and opened to the ocean behind the south rocks. We had to get there about 4:00 am to catch full high tide,crossing a shallow bay, and then float the boat over some rocks to get into the creek. The place was eaten up with redfish. Had to wait until the next high tide to get out of there. Made for a long day. Was this creek Mother Nortons Creek?

I’ve been there. That creek was accessible at high tide in the mid 90’s.

I don’t know much about WB so I pulled it up on google & found the Mother Norton Shoal. I also think I found that creek & if so that would be a nasty trip from the shoal to the ocean south of the jetty wall. I would think that would be too skinny to troll mud minnows thru??

Mother Norton is a shoal or shallow water area. May be a creek back there, but I have never tried it…Too shallow.

Only the brave shall dare go. My little 14 Jon boat runs in about 6 inches. So I’m good as long as the bay doesn’t get me.

2010 17’ JVX Carolina Skiff 40 Yamaha tiller

2002 14’ Alumacraft 30 Yamaha tiller

yes that’s mother Norton

quote:
Originally posted by edgesr

I’m curious about the location of Mother Nortons Creek. About 10 years ago I went to a creek behind the south jetty that ran through the island and opened to the ocean behind the south rocks. We had to get there about 4:00 am to catch full high tide,crossing a shallow bay, and then float the boat over some rocks to get into the creek. The place was eaten up with redfish. Had to wait until the next high tide to get out of there. Made for a long day. Was this creek Mother Nortons Creek?