Moultrie Bass Fishing...Any time, any day!

We need to jump start this forum…
Bass fishing is the most elite, and we need to share the experience with each other.

Please post ALL Moultrie Bass fishing!!! </font id=“size4”> </font id=“blue”>

“My wife loves my tackle, and my ROD too”

I’m headed to the Hatchery tomorrow morning and will post when I get home. Will try topwater early and then go to spinnerbaits, rattletraps and plastic worms. Any hints on colors to use?

Sorry…don’t fish the lakes, only rivers.

Excuses? I’ve heard them all!

we went in at short stay on tuesday wind was blowing real good rough ride to blacks camp side but what the hay fished all the cuts trees out of the wind (NOTHING) threw everything we had tops worms (all colors) went to the trees on the upper lake same thing. flew back to the wall by short stay found a few about 230. called it a day. need to find them. going to fish the battleing bass on SAT. i know the river is doing real well was out on sunday did good there.

Flukin-A
25’ Trophy 2502wa

Got on Moultrie (Hatchery)at daybreak this morning and fished my heart out until 12:30. Went into the stump fields and hit the lilypads, stumps, shallows - you name it with no results. Threw everything at them - spinnerbaits, rattle traps, 7" and 10" worms, floating Rapala, etc. Winds were light - perfect day. Well, almost perfect! Spoke to a few others that were just as skunked.I will try around Pinopolis tomorrow.

Was at CLFC* today for a few hours - did not see a boat.?

lake was beautiful

CLFC = http://canallakesfishcamp.com/

ps my boat there is for sale http://home.comcast.net/~allboats/index.htm

Fishing Bushy Park freshwater side two days ago and did pretty good. Went by myself so no pictures, but caught 6 largemouths and two stripers. Should be good tomorrow morning, probably go back there or up towards Cypress Gardens and try it out. Caught the largemouths on Zoom 7" u tales pumpkin color. No bites on spinners or cranks yet.

• Joe
    Astro Quickfire 18SC
    Merc. 150, Brute 750 trolling motor

Im glad to see replies on this post.
Sorry I havent replied. My (stupid) work sent me to Milwaukee ALL last week, where it was cold!, for training. Anyway, Ive been bass fishing Moultrie weekly since 2002, and I CANNOT figure them out. Ive caught 100’s of bass out of this lake, but not on purpose. Im used to fishing tournaments on Clarks Hill and Im just now seeing that there is no comparison of the two lakes. In the next year or two, I hope I can figure out Moultrie like I heve the Hill.

“My wife loves my tackle, and my ROD too”

ok another day on the lake real nice weather(wed)again nothing. oh there was one dink and a big miss on a boggie bait.one more day to find them before the turny. at least the weather is going to be nice

Stratos 486 150 VMAX

im sue this will fire off when water temps hit 70+ degrees.

I catch most of my fish the night before I go fishing.

Jenkcoast - which part of Bushy park were you fishing and what did you catch the stripers on?

Nothing doing on Moultrie yesterday, either. Water was calm at daybreak. Saw no topwater action at all. Crawled plastic worms, spinnerbaits, etc through the shallows, stumps and ledges in and around Pinopolis and then the south side of the Hatchery. I was getting frustrated until I suddenly realized that I was the only one out there. Sat back and looked at the beauty around me and realized how lucky I was to be there instead of working!

quote:
Originally posted by erbentraut

Jenkcoast - which part of Bushy park were you fishing and what did you catch the stripers on?

I went up to the branch off that goes back behind the NWS for the largemouth. The stripers were up near the power lines in the channel, about 22 feet down, caught on minnows.

• Joe
    Astro Quickfire 18SC

Fished Bushy on Wednesday.Caught several early on a floating worm then they shut off. Had to flip after that and picked up 5 or so. Once the clouds started cutting the sunshine, the jerk baits in the grass exploded. Ended the day with about 15 or so.(7hrs.)

What type of jerk baits were you using? I tried a few but had no luck.

quote:
Originally posted by Smokey Bear

Fished Bushy on Wednesday.Caught several early on a floating worm then they shut off. Had to flip after that and picked up 5 or so. Once the clouds started cutting the sunshine, the jerk baits in the grass exploded. Ended the day with about 15 or so.(7hrs.)

• Joe
    Astro Quickfire 18SC

4" rouge. Black back,silver sides, orange belly. Tried the suspending version but only got bites on the floater.