Mount Pleasant to consider appraising business

I remember it (I also remember Myrtle Beach style water slides on Ben Sawyer Blvd - do we need to bring those back too?). In the end, eminent domain wasn’t used. I see that as hard negotiating.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20160210/PC16/160219982/showdown-at-rb-x2019-s-corral-is-just-mount-pleasant-fighting-its-growing-pains

Good article

Of course there’s no need to worry. Councilmen Bustos, Owens and Will Haynie are conservatives. They know that having the government decide what is best for you and your property — and taking your stuff — is a bunch of liberal hooey.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20160210/PC16/160219982/showdown-at-rb-x2019-s-corral-is-just-mount-pleasant-fighting-its-growing-pains

Good article

Thanks for posting that.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Of course there’s no need to worry. Councilmen Bustos, Owens and Will Haynie are conservatives. They know that having the government decide what is best for you and your property — and taking your stuff — is a bunch of liberal hooey.

Yea they just like to appraise stuff for fun. Conservatives want smaller government. They would never interrupt private business like developers or contractors from building on their own land for personal reasons.

First, Most, Biggest

Compilation of many years of poor planning by the Town… Growth and change are good, but you can’t out grow your infrastructure. Which is the biggest problem in this town.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Local Gov’t IQ is about the same as some Boat Capt’s. Feed by a spoon but never a fork.

RBF

Thank that Yankee carpetbagger Bustos, for that dumbass move. Bagwell is trying to save something that was lost 25 years ago. It is really quite simple,as the days of Ronnie cruising in his Cigarette are gone, shrimp boats 6 wide are gone, Junior Magwood cussing a teenager up and down the dock, gone. Carolina Clipper, gone. If this is what some lost souls are trying to get back to, then they better get a super duty flux capacitor. Property right$?

Property rights are theoretical socially-enforced constructs in economics for determining how a resource or economic good is used and owned.[1] Resources can be owned by (and hence be the property of) individuals, associations or governments.[2] Property rights can be viewed as an attribute of an economic good. This attribute has four broad components[3] and is often referred to as a bundle of rights:[4]

Great googly moogly, I agree with you entirely here.

Proof the world is coming to an end?

As long as a property tax exists, one may never truly own something.

quote:
Originally posted by Great White
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

this won’t end well. Too bad we don’t have an SSC insider that’ll weigh in

Seriously, where are the SSC people? I would love to hear some kind of logic behind their “cause”.

First, Most, Biggest

A good many of the SSC crowd regularly call on Reds and such, that is why you haven't heard from them.

Lordy,lordy what a grand mess 3 new council members have created.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Great White
quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

this won’t end well. Too bad we don’t have an SSC insider that’ll weigh in

Seriously, where are the SSC people? I would love to hear some kind of logic behind their “cause”.

First, Most, Biggest

A good many of the SSC crowd regularly call on Reds and such, that is why you haven't heard from them.

Lordy,lordy what a grand mess 3 new council members have created.

About what I figured. These nosy individuals thinks its fine to interfere with contractors, developers, and their clients businesses but somebody affecting where they themselves can drink beer is crossing the line.

First, Most, Biggest