MOVIE REVIEW: Arrival

My kind if movie. Great entertainment. Highly recommend.

almost rented that last night, the previews didn’t quit grab me. Glad to hear it’s ok. I’ll watch it tonight.

Edit: I’m only going to watch it so I can say you are wrong.:smiley: Just kidding. I’m to cheap to spend money to do something like that. Beautiful day out there!

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Fred, you won’t like it. The aliens came here illegally and not only did they refuse to accept our culture, they made US learn THEIR language!!!

Skinneej you are not fooling anyone. We all know you have been building a space rocket in anticipation of WWIII :wink: The time is near, it’s up to you to save humanity from complete annihilation. Godspeed Captain, you are our only hope!!!

P.S. the shelf life of Spam is considerable

^^^^^^^^^:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:^^^^^^^^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Skinneej you are not fooling anyone. We all know you have been building a space rocket in anticipation of WWIII :wink: The time is near, it’s up to you to save humanity from complete annihilation. Godspeed Captain, you are our only hope!!!

P.S. the shelf life of Spam is considerable

The first rule of rocket club. You don't talk about rocket club.

Got to get some outriggers, many beautiful species to target in space. Properly cooked space creatures with good olive oil, Sea salt, and fresh ground pepper. All you need.

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Got to get some outriggers, many beautiful species to target in space. Properly cooked space creatures with good olive oil, Sea salt, and fresh ground pepper. All you need.

Not until I finish killing all of the fish on this planet first.

I liked The Hateful Eight! My kind of movie[:0]

Saw the Hatefull Eight last night on TV. Holly Cow!

Great, wasn’t it:smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

My kind if movie. Great entertainment. Highly recommend.

Ok, it wasn’t bad, but not Great. Too much lacking. So we have to wait 3000 years to see what we can do to help the heptapods “abbot and costello”. And after all that her daughter still dies of cancer. And their gift to use was their language. How about a cure for Cancer?

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

The gift was to experience time as a non-linear dimension. She could experience the “future” of her daughter dying, but chose to have her anyway. Shakespeare had a very famous quote about that. Lots of “easter eggs” in the movie that you had to be paying attention to pick up.

quote:

The gift was to experience time as a non-linear dimension. She could experience the “future” of her daughter dying, but chose to have her anyway. Shakespeare had a very famous quote about that. Lots of “easter eggs” in the movie that you had to be paying attention to pick up.

So if she choose not to have her child, would her future memories of her just disappeared? And why the gift just to her? and what do we do to help them in 3000 years. I also thought part of the gift was to bring mankind together by having to work together? If she could imagine the future in such a way, why not find a way to save her daughter. Sounds too much like a curse instead of a gift. See too many questions. :smiley: and where did they come from?

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:

So if she choose not to have her child, would her future memories of her just disappeared? And why the gift just to her? and what do we do to help them in 3000 years. I also thought part of the gift was to bring mankind together by having to work together? If she could imagine the future in such a way, why not find a way to save her daughter. Sounds too much like a curse instead of a gift. See too many questions. :smiley: and where did they come from?

I don’t think they were “future memories”. I think that she was actually IN the future. Think of the past, present, future as a “timeline”. Normally, you are attached to this timeline and you progress along this line one day at a time. But what if you could step outside of this timeline and could pop in and out of this movie in any order you want? Like you are actually THERE.

Well, the gift really wasn’t “just to her”. Do you remember in the movie where they mentioned the “Sapir-Whorf” theory (also known as “Linguistic Relativity”)? This was a sci-fi\hollywood application of that. You can Google this, but essentially the hypothesis is that the structure of the language you sp

skinneej, ain’t nothing wrong with Fred and My, thinking. We have had different life experiences than some! You learn from what hurts:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

skinneej, ain’t nothing wrong with Fred and My, thinking. We have had different life experiences than some! You learn from what hurts:wink:

Not saying there is anything wrong with Fred. We are just discussing a movie!

Just watched Hacksaw Ridge. That’s my kind of movie also!

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don’t think they were “future memories”. I think that she was actually IN the future. Think of the past, present, future as a “timeline”. Normally, you are attached to this timeline and you progress along this line one day at a time. But what if you could step outside of this timeline and could pop in and out of this movie in any order you want? Like you are actually THERE.

Well, the gift really wasn’t “just to her”. Do you remember in the movie where they mentioned the “Sapir-Whorf” theory (also known as "Lingui

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don’t think they were “future memories”. I think that she was actually IN the future. Think of the past, present, future as a “timeline”. Normally, you are attached to this timeline and you progress along this line one day at a time. But what if you could step outside of this timeline and could pop in and out of this movie in any order you want? Like you a