Mowing the grass before a storm

My wife was amazed when I mentioned mowing the grass before “Hermie” and was even more amused when her best friends husband and my two brother-in-law’s said the same. I’m interested how many people considered or did mow their grass before the storm? Non- scientific poll.

Why?

I cut Saturday and mulched all the leaves, pine straw and small twigs that were covering the lawn, free fertilizer,and I never touched a rake.

No reason to. I have about 18 pecan trees that shed like a dog when the wind blows. Knew I was going to have to run the chainsaw and mow afterward.

Narcosis

Mowed Thursday… The only other day I would have done it would have been Saturday and I figured it would have been soggy

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

I try and now the grass on Thursdays so the storm happened the next day.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

I don’t mow my grass.

I have kids to do it. In fact, my youngest will be mowing today.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I’m amazed at the number of folks who have postage stamp sized yards, but still hire a lawn service. I cut most of my two acres with a zero-turn, but a lot is done with a push mower and weed eater. I get self satisfaction and cardio, everyone needs that.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

I’m amazed at the number of folks who have postage stamp sized yards, but still hire a lawn service. I cut most of my two acres with a zero-turn, but a lot is done with a push mower and weed eater. I get self satisfaction and cardio, everyone needs that.

we may not have common ground in politics and some other issues, but we do have some things in common.

I’ve even got the wife using the zero turn. Picked up a 72" husqvarna last year, amazing how quick I can get the grass cut.

Mdaddy, I’ll cut my yard before a storm if I’ve got the daylight and time because I’ve found if I don’t the yard turns into a jungle after a good rain and makes it harder to keep up. Depends on when the Grandkids get picked up as to weather the wife gets to help cut.

One thing I will never ever do again is fertilize the yard. That’s just plain crazy to have to cut 2-3 times a week.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I mow my 2 acres twice a year, early spring first , late fall last, unless something disabling happens to her wife mows rest of season…50" zero cub:sunglasses:

George McDonald ; Board Member ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Cut my three ac of grass Thursday or it would have been way too high when we dried out. Takes about 1.5 hours with a john Deere 42 inch x300. Great mower and very wife friendly

big dog

To each their own??

My wife helps me out with the yard too…she’s the beer girl.