MSC Feb Results

MSC held its monthly team tournament on February 18th out of Spinners Resort. Anglers came in record numbers for the second consecutive month. 80 anglers representing 28 teams participated in the event bringing 97 Striped Bass to the scales!
The weather was outstanding and the bite was good allowing every boat to catch at least one legal size Striped Bass. 22 of the 28 boats had their 4 fish creel limit with many of them catching double digit keepers throughout the day. Anglers seemed to be successful from both the lower end of the lake all the way up both tributaries of the Saluda Rivers.
Taking the First Place honors was Team Catchall, Captain Lee Thomas and Kreg Frady of Leesville SC and Santee Carl Thompson of Santee, SC with their 4 fish creel of 33lbs 10ozs. Team Catchall also captured the Nichols Store of Rock Hill Big Fish award with their Striper tipping the scales at 11lbs 2ozs.
Second Place was awarded to a new member and his guests fishing Team Real Broke, Captain David Hair, Mike and son Russell Gable all of Lexington SC with their 4 fish creel of 30lbs 5ozs.
Third Place was secured by last years 2011 Team of the Year and 2011 Angler of Year participants, Captain David Richardson, son Tristan (2011 Angler of Year) both from Aiken and John and son Phillip Ramsey of New Ellington SC with their 4 fish creel of 29lbs 3ozs.
The events West Marine smallest creel award went to Team Barely Tyme, Captain Brian Bair and Phil Hunsucker from Rockhill SC. MSC is a family friendly fishing club and honors our top finishing Youth and Lady anglers in each event. The Youth trophy goes to Russell Gable of Team Reel Broke with his Second Place finishing spot and Ann Johnson wins the top finishing Lady Angler award fishing with her husband Mike Johnson of Team Let’em Live with her 18th place finish.

MSC Feb Results…

1 Team Catchall 4 fish 33 lbs 10 ozs
2 Team Reel Broke 4 fish 30 lbs 5 ozs
3 Team Laid Back 4 fish 29 lbs 3 ozs
4 Team Lucky Strikes 4 fish 27 lbs 3 ozs
5 Team One Way 4 fish 26 lb

Another great weigh-in! Its fun to see the large crowd. Congrats to Catchall and their big fish and great finish for David and Mike Hair, Team Reel Broke. I think they should change team name to “Hair Club for Men”…lol. Keep it going!

I’ve spent about 85% of my life’s wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted…

I must say i really enjoyed saturday. Joined the club last thrusday and didn’t realize the third saturday was going to be the next sat…lol… so after the talkin the wife into it she let me go…thanks for a great tourney…see ya next month…Sea-N-Stripes…