MUSC Dental Screenings

Guys,

I am a fourth year Dental Student at MUSC. Starting December 1st, 2014 we are going to start screening for our Dental Licensing Boards to be completed in March 2015.

As part of the screening process, Limited dental screenings will be performed by senior dental students
to determine if you would be an acceptable patient for a dental
licensure examination. This screening is not comprehensive and does
not make you a patient of the College of Dental Medicine; it is for the dental licensure testing only. If your needs match the requirements to become a patient for the dental licensure examination you may receive dental work at no charge to you.

I have attached a flyer that you may see around town as well. If you would like for me to be your student doctor, you can request this. Each Student Doctor must perform two fillings for the Boards Examination.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. You can shoot me a PM or an email barnesld@musc.edu. The Limited examinations and radiographs are provided at no charge. We are located:
29 Bee St.
Charleston, SC

My name is Logan.

My wife’s dentist here in bowman referred her for this program about 4 or 5 years ago and they were fantastic… Talk about saving a truckload of dough…

board patients will be working with a senior student doing the things the student needs to work on during the exams.

regular dental work at medu is good , but very slow. lots of steps/visits

I just left my dentist, he said I have 2 cavities. Do you guys repair cavites with amalgam or ceramic inserts? Depending on how much insurance would cover under our family plan…I might be interested if you promise a good job

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Note that he said that you aren’t in the “program” so if you are looking for extensive dental work, that’s not what he is offering. They are basically looking for people with a certain profile of cavity that they will repair on exam day (so they can get their license). They have to basically repair 2(?) different types of cavities on a very specific day in order to pass their boards. Essentially you go in there for a screening and if you have what they are looking for they will ask you to come back on a certain day. Then, on that day “exam day”, they will do the repair and you will be inspected by the examiner.

These guys have to do a good job to pass that part of the boards. And typically it’s free. Essentially you are doing each other a favor. They fix your tooth for free and you show up on exam day. If you don’t show up on exam day, they would not be able to complete their board. So, it’s worth it to them to get a dependable patient.

How do I know all of this? Skinnee knows everything…

Skinnee hit the nail on the head. We have to complete a Class II and Class III filling. I would be more than happy to take a look and we can figure out if you need the same kind of filling.

For the boards, we will either use amalgam or a composite filling restoration. The point of a boards exam is to prove that we are capable of providing care to patients on our own. Each restoration will be checked and verified by a Boards Examiner.

The ceramic inlay/onlay restorations would be completed in our comprehensive care program.

If you are also interested in being in the program I can help with that too, but it is not the primary goal of the post.

Like Skinnee said, you help by being a boards patient and you recieve a free restoration. (or two if you have multiple/both types that we are screening for)

Thanks again guys. Let me know if you have any questions or want to set up a time that I can meet you there. I am randomly blocked throughout the next few months but can stop by if somebody in particular would like me to do their screening.

I’ll be here tonight until 7pm.

Come see us!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Note that he said that you aren’t in the “program” so if you are looking for extensive dental work, that’s not what he is offering. They are basically looking for people with a certain profile of cavity that they will repair on exam day (so they can get their license). They have to basically repair 2(?) different types of cavities on a very specific day in order to pass their boards. Essentially you go in there for a screening and if you have what they are looking for they will ask you to come back on a certain day. Then, on that day “exam day”, they will do the repair and you will be inspected by the examiner.

These guys have to do a good job to pass that part of the boards. And typically it’s free. Essentially you are doing each other a favor. They fix your tooth for free and you show up on exam day. If you don’t show up on exam day, they would not be able to complete their board. So, it’s worth it to them to get a dependable patient.

How do I know all of this? Skinnee knows everything…

Skinntimate knowledge ?

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

skinneej, got his smile restored in the Bahamas.

Come see us tomorrow 5-7pm, ask for Logan.

See y’all then.

We appreciate everyone coming out to help.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

skinneej, got his smile restored in the Bahamas.

I asked for the "George Washington Special" wooden teeth... When I grind them at night, it smells like campfires...

Hey, I have a son at CofC. The have a way to communicate called via email Parentlistserve and parents are constantly posting looking for doctors, dentists, etc. for their kids. Have you considered Posting something at CofC?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I will run by and hang up some flyers, will also put some in tackle shops hopefully soon.

Thanks for the help!

The regular dental cleaning can be a good addition to your dental care routine. If you follow the routine along with regular cleaning then you will be able to have really healthy teeth for a longer time. I am also 52 years old but still having very healthy teeth because of my Dental Care regime and regular visits with the dentist Hermosa Beach http://newsmilesdentistry.com/.

You could get a PHD working on whats left of my teeth. I’d get them done in stainless if I could.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

The best think I have done in a while was to get dental implants! Fell great and no dentures to worry about but I could have repowered my off shore boat for what it cost!