Mushroom ID?

Found a bunch of these growing around the swamp where I hunted this afternoon. Never seen this kind before, anyone know what kind it is?

I can’t help you with the ID but that shroom looks cool.

Double D.

Send it to Barbwang. He’s the local guru.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

[quote]I can’t help you with the ID but that shroom looks cool.

Double D.[/quote=Originally posted by Double D

Been seeing lots of mushrooms while Deer hunting the past two trips. Must have been 100 of these growing around a Holly tree.

I absolutely love mushrooms but, I’d never trust my identifying skills on one in the wild. Man, I’m picturing the first guy that ate a poison one and all his friends watching him die…and making notes, “okay, DO NOT eat the skinny one with the squiggly top”.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

There’s only 4 kinds I would harvest, since I’m 100% sure they are safe. More interested if Deer eat these, since I have taken many eating other types of Mushrooms.

The purple stem I find interesting…

I’ve heard something about a mushroom that grows in cow patties with a purple Fringe.

That one might not kill you but you might take a trip and not leave the farm.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

what’s all this? dang, I been gone too long. probably haven’t visited here in a month and a half, maybe more.

I’m with StillHuntrrr- chanterelle, oyster, chicken, lion’s mane (never found one)

got a freaking delicious chicken off an oak tree on JI that i had to climb 20’ for last month, thing was blaze orange when it flushed and the family loved it.

I’m not touching any purple mushroom-headed monster with a 10’ pole (see what i did there?), but here’s a couple “hidden gems” from yesterday. sorry for the threadjack, just gotta stay off the social media clickbait radar at all costs.

Wife makes a mean roasted corn and crab chowder. her grandmother’s bowls, my seafood.

We let go more than we kept. Shout out to Optiker.

Fred’s cow thread has me way too ready for lunch, I was raised in suburbia and always envied folks who still truly lived lives of subsistence. I’ve gotten there with most of my protein, but red meat is something I still haven’t found a way to provide my family year round.

highjack!!? How could you have highjacked this with giving such a laugh on the purple headed mushroom? LOL . Or the fantastic pics that have just made me wish I was home eating supper or on the water catching a sheephead like that one.

Dang that corn/crab chowder looks good! So does that sheep.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I do believe that’s the first time that phrase has been used on CF. I’ll give $1 to anyone who can show me where that’s been used before, lol :smiley:

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017