My Garden Today

I think its pretty clear we have one professional here and a bunch of hobbyists.

1 Like

What else are you growing up there and them hills?? A real cash crop?

When you think they gonna make that stuff legal?

Hey EF… Drinks on me… Name this plant…

Jerusalem Artichokes

I have them here around and hiding a water spigot

The highest dollar Plant in those hills is gensing

Not many would have got that one. Don’t see them in gardens like you used to. If I only had my Grandmother’s pickle recipe for them. I’ll boil them and mush them with butter salt and pepper. Next day watch out, they’ll make you fart worse than a sweet potato pie.

You’ll tell Biden what’s in your wallet and garden comrade!

That’s what drones are for

1 Like

Target practice.

People have been hiding their weed for decades, now we’ll just have to hide our vegitables. Or better yet… those aren’t for eating I’m growing them for my lawn.

Opps on that note, have you heard the latest in some cities? They are actually wanting people to do away with lawns as they are not green friendly… something about water, fertalizer, lawn mowers… you know all that makes home ownership fantastic.

Carrots, leeks, peppers, taters, and a couple garlics

1 Like

1 Like

It’s a beautiful day in the Ace Basin!

1 Like

1st row, almost 5 bushels

1 Like

You put them or anything in an earthen kiln?

Underground cellar, I’ll take pics tomorrow when we dig another row, its pretty cool, literally. Its built into the hill with only the door showing on the northern exposed side.

When you dig taters they need to air dry for most of a day to make sure the skin is hard enough to not scar each other when stored.

We put them in old milk crates and stack 'em up like a cord of stovewood.

Old school boyyyzzzz,these Kennebecs really aren’t like those Idaho bakers you get at Food Lion,not that I wont eat an Idaho spud like its my job,but Night and Day really.

For the work you put in to a row of spuds verses the yield ,well, taters are one of the higher paying dividend crops in the garden.

country boys, trot lines, buck skinnin’ and such

1 Like

Cooler climate must be the trick. If I waited till my bushes died off and dug them half would be rotten due to heat and moisture. Very nice harvest, unless you are feeding an army I’d imagine your neighbors will be getting a few. :blush: You need to try some of the Purple taters, I’d give you some seed but my wife mistakenly got into my seed batch. They are supposed to have more nutritional value and I like their taste more than a Yukon gold.

What’s really cool is to doing potato salad using White, Red and purple taters. Gives it a festive look! the purple mashed potatoes is kind of freaking looking but fantastic. From some pics you’ve shared when entertaining guests bake a few of these and see the reactions from your guests. They will not get really large but some will be big enough. If you order make sure you get what you want and not purple sweet potatoes. Have a good Day Dude! Headed to get some glasses and a Heart Doc follow up!

1 Like

Last of the carrots

The last of the peppers plants pulled, harvested, and set out to dry

And some paw paw seeds ready for cold stratification. They have to lay dormant for several months at near freezing temps to sprout in the spring. These will get put in a baggie of moss a few teaspoons of water and a refrigerator nap until march, then taken out and planted deep. 5 or 7 years later you get fruit. My trees I planted 6 years ago had their first fruit this past week.

1 Like

1 Like