my life as a wild turkey

just watched a pretty cool show on etv called “my life as a wild turkey”. some guy raises a family of wild turkeys from egg and follows them around, learning their habits and language. it’s almost an hour long, i was too into it to get up and fix another drink, lol. will post link to video.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2168110328/

I watched a little of it before I went to bed last night. The video stopped just as he was taking them for their first outing. Looks pretty interesting. I’ll watch more of it this weekend. My wife saw it when it was on & was very moved by it. She said it gave her a whole new outlook.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Watched one later titled, When Turkey’s Attack, or something on that order. It showed Turkeys chasing people, trucks, even one that got called in by a hunter that attacked him. Nasty birds, but tasty:smiley:

“When Turkeys Attack” was a very interesting and informative show. I had no idea they could run 20 mph and be so vicious. One important note, don’t run from a turkey they will chase you down and spur you!
This show was followed by a special on wild hogs. One hog called “hogzilla” weighed 600 pounds. They are also very dangerous.

People will forget what you said…
People will forget what you did…
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

quote:
Originally posted by Fracwilt

just watched a pretty cool show on etv called “my life as a wild turkey”. some guy raises a family of wild turkeys from egg and follows them around, learning their habits and language…

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>I caught that show. The take away (like always) is dependent on what you bring to the show.

It’s on again tonight at 8:00pm. I plan on watching the whole program this time.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

I think my wife lied to me. I can’t find it in the programing anywhere.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

She lied, I can’t find it either! Make her sleep on the couch tonight:imp:

I believe it was on a couple times Saturday.

It figures. I was in the back yard burning leaves & making sure the house wasn’t going to catch fire.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069