My new P.A. and Its first week

Just got my new Hobie Pro Angler last Sunday and I have already logged some serious hours.
Sunday 4th- Picked up :smiley::smiley:

[/img]
Monday 5th - I went out for the first time for a test run. I paddled around for a while getting comfortable and tried standing up. No problem on the standing up at all. I was able to throw an 8 foot cast net out of the yak. I picked up 3 reds and 4 trout.
1st trout in PA

[/img]
1st red in PA

[/img]

[/img]
Tues 6th - I went and saw Dolphin Dave at Timeout Sport and Ski to add trolley lines, paddle/ stakeout pole bungees, scotty rod holders, and ordered the Hobie livewell. Thanks for all the help Dave.
Pics of the PA and my Adventure

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
Wed 7th - I went out with Dolphin and his buddy Tac from Va. A little windy that day but we made the best of it. Tac landed 5 or 6 reds ( one really nice one) and a few trout. Dave caught 5 or 6 trout up to 18" and I am not sure about r

Nice Carter… very nice

Who’s ready for a sleigh ride?
www.kayakfishsc.com

Looks like the other guys caught more fish than you did. Sure you don’t want to go back to your old boat?

:clown_face: Just trying to mess with you. Great report and I REALLY appreciate what feels like a pure honest review of your new boat. You kayak guys seem to be a good group of guys. Always like reading your reports.

18’ CC w/ 115 Yami

quote:
Originally posted by Lost@Sea

was able to throw an 8 foot cast net out of the yak. I picked up 3 reds and 4 trout.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

I thought you had to catch these fish in a rod reel only?

S 34
507 sq. ft.

Glad to see the PA getting put to good use.

Hobie Fishing Team
Fin-Tech Pro Staff

man i thought i was content with my rig til i saw u out on the pa the other day! and THEN saw these pics. Jealous. very cool stuff man.

happy fishin’.

nice setup!!!

where is the dog on the front though… and the back for that matter.that thing is huge!!!

did you try paddlin it or did use the foot peddle system only?

14’McKee 75Merc 2stroke

quote:
quote:
was able to throw an 8 foot cast net out of the yak. I picked up 3 reds and 4 trout.
I thought you had to catch these fish in a rod reel only?
That was in reference to the stability. All fish were caught on rod and reel.:wink:
quote:
did you try paddlin it or did use the foot peddle system only?
The paddle sucks. I tried to use it but it is not long or strong enough. I am looking into a one piece 250cm paddle. The hobie paddle bends to easily and is way to short for that wide of a boat. It works for simple moving but i would not want to have to paddle any distance with it.

“The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.” </font id=“size2”>
Hobie Adventure Kayak
</font id=“size2”>
Hobie Pro Angler Kayak
</font id=“size2”>
SC Chapter- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
</font id=“size2”>
:smiley::wink:

yea the dog on the front is a sure essential key to a proper fishin yak.

happy fishin’.

That is a sick looking ride. Very nice indeed.

21’ Sea-Pro CC
Yamaha 150
“Aquaholic”
2008 Dodge Ram Mega-Cab 4x4 6.7 Cummins

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway