Nationwide Concealed Carry Law

Found this earlier today. Thoughts?

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gun-owners-concealed-weapons-country-bill/2015/02/12/id/624568/

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

You’re statistically more likely to get shot by a police officer using his firearm incorrectly than you are a CCW holder, so I say yes absolutely.

Thoughts? The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed. Simple as that.

This whole permitting thing is ridiculous, why do we have to pay for a permit to do what the constitution gives us the right to do? I don’t have to buy a permit to go to church.

My wife applied for renewal of her CCW the first of November. They told her it would take 2 weeks. Pay $85, plus fingerprinting fee, plus a day off from work. License didn’t come. Called after a month. They said they would check on it. Called back in 2 more weeks, they said it was in the mail. Still don’t have it. Called back on Monday, they said it was mailed 2 months ago. Asked them what to do to get a replacement. They said she has to go to the sheriffs office, M-Fri, 9am to 5 pm, and file a police report that it was stolen. How can I file a report it was stolen when I never got it to steal she asks?

They said, no matter, still got to file a report. Which costs $10, plus a lost license fee which is $30. Which means her taking another day off work to do that. So, 2 days missed work, $600, original fees, $95. police report, $10, reissue fee $30. $750 and almost 4 months later, still don’t have the (**() permit.

These people can KMA.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

The truth is, the “training” required to obtain a CWP in many states is a joke. I like the idea of reciprocity throughout the U.S… Sorry you are having such problems Larry. Is it the GBI that issues permits in GA?

quote:
The truth is, the "training" required to obtain a CWP in many states is a joke.

Joke? GA doesn’t require any training at all. None. Just a bureaucratic time and money pit. You first have to go to the county Probate court to fill out the paperwork, then you have to go to the Post Office for a money order, that’s all they accept, then back to the courthouse for more paperwork and photographs, then to the county Sheriffs office for finger printing, pay them for that, they only take cash, then back to the courthouse. And all of that was before someone “stole” her permit that she never got, and she now has to repeat the process and pay more money.

She tries her best to be legal and do it right, but they make it difficult.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Part of me worries that if the federal government get’s involved, there will be a federal permitting process, and a federal gun registry shortly thereafter…

Wow, I thought SC was screwed up.

You have a point there Skinneej. The question is, what does the federal government do well besides spend our money?

They do sell you a good like of crap.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

Pointless with Obama in the White House, he’ll veto any pro gun bill. Have to wait for a Republican President to get that passed.

It doesn’t matter to me what kind of bill they pass or don’t, I’m going to carry on either way :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

It doesn’t matter to me what kind of bill they pass or don’t, I’m going to carry on either way :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

Rather be Judged by twelve than carried by six,same here.