Nearshore Reef - Grandson and SHARK

Took my grandson to the Nearshore Reef and trolled for king mackerel. He was bored so we decided to bottom fish. Landed a couple bonnet heads which woke him up!

Neil Whitman Fun - Sea Hunt 211 Ultra Work - Dunhill Staffing Systems "Connecting Talented People with Great Companies"

Gotta love that classic reel, too!!

That reel belonged to my grandfather. It’s now being used by a 3rd generation fisherman. What does that tell you and Penn reels? Take care of them and they last.

Neil Whitman Fun - Sea Hunt 211 Ultra Work - Dunhill Staffing Systems "Connecting Talented People with Great Companies"

Any other luck there? We ventured out a few weeks ago and only got a few undersized BSB and small sharks. Was wanting to head out again but didn’t know if the bite picked up for anything else there?

Most of the world is covered by water. A fisherman's job is simple: Pick out the best parts. The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

2005 Sea Hunt Triton 186

I haven’t been back for several weeks but any time I’ve fished out there I’ve caught fish. Never any trophies but enough to make it worthwhile going. Good luck.