nearshore

Bottom fished nearshore, caught 15 solid Cbass up to 19 inches, 4 spanish, 1 trigger and a 25lb king on a drift line. The weather man had it wrong today wind was strong all day!

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke

Sounds like a good day for the near shore.

22 Sea Hunt
150 Yammy

Did u actually fish the nearshore reef or just close to shore?

2001 22’ key west cc
200hp yam sx ser II
“Wet Bottom II”

It was a wreck about 8 miles northeast of Mclellenville (sp?)

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke

hope the cbass on your report wasn’t red fish, illegal to keep if caught in federal waters

What am I missing??? Where the Hell did he say anything about redfish???

I think he was thinking the ‘c’ in cbass might have stood for channel, as in channel bass, aka redfish.??

must not be from around here, or either an ole’ timer!

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke

i can’t call them redfish… their spottails to me. nice catch ivy, i’m thinking you had a limit of nice sea bass…

You know - so many ice holes try to police everyone elses activity on here. GET A LIFE! no wonder so many (like me) have stopped posting trip reports. Cork soccer!

wasn’t trying to be an a hole just trying to keep someone from getting in trouble, had some friends catch a few channel bass aka redfish on wreck in federal waters, they where of legal size but didn’t know it was illegal to keep them caught in fed waters cost them big dollars

You over stepped your bounds in my opinion. When did it become your obligation to keep others “out of trouble” after the fact. The rules fishing rules are published for anyone to read and observe – with or without you.

wow, I didn’t know you couldnt keep a legal red in federal waters. I definatly need to read up on rules and regs. We were only fishing about 8 or 9 miles offshore so I’m not sure we were in Federal waters. We didn’t catch any Reds so I guess it’s a mute issue but thanks for the info on Reds in Federal waters. Seriously.

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke

Fed waters are from 3 miles out to 200 miles…

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

www.joinrfa.orgGod is GOOD!! ALL the time!!
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
</font id=“blue”>

everyones wants to be a dnr officer.im pretty sure he knows what a redfish looks like .cbass look completlt differnt,

31 fountain twin 225’s

Come on guys, fishingman’s post wasn’t overstepping any boundries. IMO he didn’t come across like an ice hole. This site is about exchanging information. We’ve all seen the posts of folks who broke rules/regs on accident, only to find out on here that they did. Lots better to find out on a web site than at the landing with the Badge Man. Sure, this time they were sea bass and not channel bass, but the original poster learned a valuable lesson he had no clue about - you can’t keep reds caught outside 3 miles.

Thank for keeping the wreck a half-secret.

There is a big ass yellow bouy that gave it away before I did!

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke

Ivy I was trying to help, alot of people don’t know that most of the reefs are in fed waters. i should have taken cbass for what it is and not a channel bass just didn’t want to see a fellow fisherman get in trouble. for the people that think i’m putting my nose where it doesn’t belong kiss my a-s i’m sure no one has ever shared a little imformation that might help you someday

yes i’m a old timer, been fishing M inlet and georgetonw area since early 70’s

nothing but love here old timer! hell I didnt’ know about federal waters that close in. Thanks for probably saving me a ticket!

R.D.S. IV
21’ SeaPro CC
150 2-stroke