Nearshore

Since the seas were quite calm this morning, we decided to do some nearshore fishing. We started at the Jetties for Sheepshead. The bite wasn’t real strong, so after landing a few we headed out about 20 miles to some live bottom. Immediate and constant Black Bass action there. We kept 2 of the larger ones for dinner. After reeling in a few dozen each, we headed back to the GT reef. Here we found more (smaller) Black Bass, and a bunch of Weakfish. By this time the seas had built to 3ft+ so we headed back to South Island.
Another great day on the #Gorgetownwater

nice report jan

Keep finding those fish. My crew can’t wait till be go out with you in July.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

BadBob, as long as the seas cooperate, we should be able to wear your crew out with good size BSB and other reef fish. If not, we will still find your some, just not as large.

22’ Carolina DLV - For Reel

Hey Capt. Brock I have headed to Surfside today through next week. Any tips on what the fish are doing down that way. Will mostly be fishing out of Murrells Inlet.

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

Hey BadBob. My inshore range ends at North Inlet. Way too crowded for my liking as you go further north from there so I can’t help you out with reports from that area. As the seas have been relatively calm lately we have been doing mostly offshore or nearshore fishing and doing it quite well. Mostly Dolphin and Tuna starting at about 40nm off of Winyah Bay.

22’ Carolina DLV - For Reel