Need a Doctor

Since im getting older I think its about time to get a doctor. Can anyone recommend on in the Mount Pleasant area.

Try to get in touch with capnsandbar (Henry), he is in the medical profession and can probably help.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I have been happy with Dr Spicer on Daniel Island.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Dr. John Rowe jr, The best there is in town. East cooper family practice

quote:
Originally posted by Knot Stressed Charters ll

Since im getting older I think its about time to get a doctor. Can anyone recommend one</font id=“blue”> in the Mount Pleasant area.

Old is a disease?
quote:

Since im getting older I think its about time to get a doctor. Can anyone recommend on in the Mount Pleasant area.

I’m assuming you have no prior medical history since you have not needed a doc till now. Is that correct ?

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

No medical history. I just figured since age is creeping up on me I should start paying more attention to it.

paying attention to it makes it worse . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kevorkian

I think Jack retired, skineej? Ain’t going to be to long and that little girl of yours is going to wonder what she is going to do with Dad? I can just imagine that conversation. (Do You tell him, or do I?) Who do you think he will take it better, hearing it from?

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

I think Jack retired, skineej? Ain’t going to be to long and that little girl of yours is going to wonder what she is going to do with Dad? I can just imagine that conversation. (Do You tell him, or do I?) Who do you think he will take it better, hearing it from?

It’s hard to believe that in only 17.5 more years, she will be the best female spear fisherman on the east coast.

quote:

No medical history. I just figured since age is creeping up on me I should start paying more attention to it.

Then you should be fine with a good midlevel (Nurse practitioner or PA) unless you have a huge family history of bad stuff which could increase your risk for future issues. Exercise, good diet and staying away from too much alcohol, drugs and tobacco will help keep you out of their office.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

If I were you I’d make sure to seek out an internal medicine MD vs. a general practitioner. The problem with finding the good ones is that they usually have full practices and don’t take new patients. With that being said go ahead and Google Dr. John McDonald with MUSC here in Mt. Pleasant. You don’t have to take my word for it…he’s highly respected, and been a great resource to me for over 10 years.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

If I were you I’d make sure to seek out an internal medicine MD vs. a general practitioner. The problem with finding the good ones is that they usually have full practices and don’t take new patients. With that being said go ahead and Google Dr. John McDonald with MUSC here in Mt. Pleasant. You don’t have to take my word for it…he’s highly respected, and been a great resource to me for over 10 years.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

True… us Internal docs are the cream of the crop for near bout any patient requiring any level of health care. That being said, I won’t hinder anyone’s business but when someone has no prior medical history, not much of a significant family history, no genetic disorders, then a good, observant general practitioner is not a bad choice.

Getting health care with good age-appropriate screening is the main idea here.