Need a Good Mechanic

I’ve been having problems with my 2006 Tundra (check engine light) for several weeks. Had it checked at a couple of auto parts places and the problem indicated was an O2 sensor. In attempting to definitively determine the problem, I have found that it may not in fact be the O2 sensor but could be one of any number of causes (bad sensor, ECM Fail, short in system, etc). So, I am giving up and looking for a good repair shop. Until a few months ago, I had a friend that owned a business but after 40 year he sold it so I am not sure where to take it. Does anyone know of a reliable and trustworthy auto shop in Columbia?

Thanks

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Check out Byrds Automotive on Wallenberg Dr, W. Ashley The same road the JCC is on. Good shop and Max is a great guy.

Reading comprehension can be tough on Saturdays

My wife used Earl’s performance on Platt Springs Rd. It’s near Fastenal, across the street from Platt Springs Animal Clinic, by the airport.

Tell him my wife, Lisa Van Gundy sent you.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Didn’t get all the way to the Columbia part. It is Charleston fishing!! My bad.

i’m yanking your chain HH. i enjoy your posts.

RBF is sleeping one off. i felt it my duty to be the standin smartass.

DF, sorry for your plight.

[quote]Didn’t get all the way to the Columbia part. It is Charleston fishing!! My bad.]/quote]

We can’t all live the dream. I live vicariously through those of you that do. Thanks all for y’alls input…even you Pea. It’s just a truck, it will get fixed. I just had a friend owned place for 35 years and never worried about getting screwed. I like repairing my own stuff but this one has me stumped so I’m forced to find someone to trust.

My Mechanic in West Columbia (my son’s shop).

It is at 900 Williams, which is next to the Kmart on Knox Abbott.

Dayum y’all sum old farts.

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/actron-pocket-scan-plus-obd-ii-code-reader-cp9550/99994267-P

Go to the shop and tell them what’s wrong.

Thanks for the picture of an OBD Code Reader. I already had the code read so, I know what the code is and I also know that specific code can mean at least 4 different things. Unfortunately I do not have the equipment to diagnose the specific problem and my problem (as stated above) is that I no longer have a mechanic I trust. Taking it to any shop will still require that they determine what the specific problem is. Many codes just narrow down a problem. If I knew EXACTLY what was wrong, I could more than likely fix it myself.