Need a job

We had a couple of manlifts scheduled for delivery Tuesday here in Greenville.
Here it is Thursday still no lift. Manager at United rental told me they had a couple drivers out. These drivers are making 30 bucks an hour and get this. They get a $300 a month bonus if they they show up every day for work.
Stopped at the new buc-ee’s on 95 outside of Florence the other day.

22 bucks an hour to be a bathroom attendant. Hell if they were closer I’d go apply for that job.
Concrete company. Talk to old dude driving the mixer. He said he retired several months ago but they contacted him and offered him $300 a day cash money to drive. He said he works a couple days a week now.
Most all the fast food restaurants dining room is closed only drive-thru. Hardee’s here in Greenville has helped wanted on their billboard 17 bucks an hour to flip burgers. You reckon that has anything to do with your Happy meal costing $10 now.
Old guy lives down the street from me. Works 20 hours a week at food Lion stocking sales. $18 an hour
Go to Lowe’s home Depot it’s a bunch an old retired people working.
What happened with the teenagers getting summer jobs and after school jobs that just don’t happen anymore.
I just don’t get it. I’ve had a full time job all my life.
Going to work and coming home traffic not very heavy anymore. Get out in the middle of the day the roads are packed.
WTH…

Hell I can stand there & say welcome to Bucees for $22 an hour.

Does anyone know how much is made for holding the STOP/SLOW sign on road construction.? That’s my dream job!

Yeah, sadly we seem to be going down a pretty disturbing road as far as people wanting to work. Everyone I talk to, regardless of what kind of work it is seems to be having problems just getting folks to apply. Not sure what to make of it or how/why it started but, it seems to be getting worse with no end in sight. What are people doing, are they just not working?

I can tell you how it started Dfreedom. Entitelment mentality and then Biden shut down so many jobs and gave an extra $600 a week on TOP of unemployment. These folk were making more weekly sitting home than actually working. When you give someone something they just continue to expect it. These group of young folk have mostly been raised to believe in not paying for a credit card when it’s maxed out and then through government projects find another card or loan and start cycle all over. The “minorities” can go to college and collect Thousands of dollars in student loans to use for what ever they want to include dropping out and re starting to get more money. Now you, me and the rest of the country are having to pay for it.

This group of people are not living on their own, but rather still mooching of mom or grandma. they have a place to eat when they don’t work so why work? Times have changed. Fortunately we still have kids like yours and mine that do the right thing and provide for themselves. Maybe things will straighten out, but it’s gonna take tough love to do it and unfortunately at this moment we have no one to dish out that love. Just look at the riots of 2020. Billions in damage done to Federal and private organizations and businesses and no one in jail over it.

Not gonna happen Fred,everyone wants to make the big bucks from the get-go.
People have been watching the media and believe that every job should pay 15.00 hr to flip burgers or sweep the floor.

I know a guy that runs a major section at an international company. They start new engineers at $90,000. He has had people start at that salary and then ■■■■■ about having to work occasionally more than an 8 hour day and then want a pay raise. He said any deviation from a 40 hour week sends them into a tizzy. Jeez, I worked 46 hours this week…in 4 days.

I havent worked a steady job in years, dont plan to either.

As long as the government keeps sending me money every month I hope to never punch a clock again.

Id like to thank each and every one of you that go to work every day and pay your taxs thus enabling me to continue this lifestyle.

1 Like

I turn 60 in April.
Thinking I’m going to throw the towel in. Go get my captain’s license back maybe charter a little bit. And maybe get a little part-time job at a hardware store or something like that.
I have to have something to do or I will drive the wife crazy
My work weeks average 60 hours

When I get your age, I’ll probably do the same. I’m gonna run this gravy train (sometimes chunky gravy) for a bit more. Have already been offered a sweet deal when I hit S.S. age, if I hold together and the wife is still onboard.

I hear ya dfreedom and know some of what you speak. My brother in law is dealing with a couple new engineer hires in his company. When 8 hours is up so are they. They hired in a couple of Older retirees part time and are getting twice the work out of them in less time than the new hires.

I’ll go on a limb and say that if there was a dedicated tech school with real world hands on participation a two year graduate would outperform a 4 year college student hands down. I won’t knock higher education, but our colleges are out of control and money hungry. Just look at how books change from year to year and the cost of them!

People talk about unemployment, but what many are missing is the mass exodus of skilled older laborers from our work force. I see it every day in my line of work. Take a new vehicle into any repair shop with an “odd” issue. It could be weeks before you get it repaired while they are throwing parts at it, where as in the past you had a large experienced “think pool” of knowledge to help with these “odd” issues. Not so much now.

I’ll make you an open promise, you get that Charter service going and I’ll pay for you to take me! I’ll even bring you one corona and one modelo. or maybe three. …

If you get into chartering, where will you be leaving out of?

I let my license expire about 3 years ago. Time just got away from me.
I usually put in at the Johnny causey landing. Inder the hwy 17 bridge where it across the waterway.
Fish anywhere between there and shallotte.
Don’t need license to take a friend.
Let me know anytime you’re ready to go.

Mike hit the nail right on the head…