Need a snake.

Not the reptile kind. One of my showers is draining slow and if someone takes a longer shower it backs up leaks through the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom. Had a friend look at it and said its likely a clog somewhere down in the line. Anywhere snakes can be rented or anyone know someone that could do for a good price? Thanks in advance

liquid fire is your friend. I would try that first.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

liquid fire is your friend. I would try that first.

Guessing that is something iI pour down the drain. Where can iI pick that up?

2014 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

1995 Searay 175 Series

I used to get it at Ace Hardware in MP. It’s serious stuff.

quote:

Thanks Fritz, i did a search for it and only came up with Liquid heat. There is an Ace on James Island, I’ll see if they have it. Thanks again.

1995 Searay 175 Series

Is it a tub/shower?

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-HT Bugbuster

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

Is it a tub/shower?

-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-HT Bugbuster

Yes sir

1995 Searay 175 Series

Hey Rob that stuff is wicked please use extreme caution with it, especially with all your little ones. My directors son used it and did not store properly one of his girls got scaring from a mishap. Good luck .
P.s. Lets wait to pressure wash the house till it cools down a little.

You can find a light duty. house hold use type snake at almost any hardware store, probably $25 or less. I have one, work fine for most of your normal long hair type clogs common with shower drains. Uses no chemicals.

Rob if you think the household hand operated one might work I have one, I also have the piece you put on the end of a hose and it blasts the clog out.I can drop off at your work if ya need.

quote:
Originally posted by sophish

Hey Rob that stuff is wicked please use extreme caution with it, especially with all your little ones. My directors son used it and did not store properly one of his girls got scaring from a mishap. Good luck .
P.s. Lets wait to pressure wash the house till it cools down a little.

Thanks for the heads up. And I can come pressure wash whenever, just let me know.

And I might take you up on borrowing that thing, I’m about to be off for a week, but i will let you know
Thanks Miss Karole

1995 Searay 175 Series

quote:
Originally posted by SUNNY

You can find a light duty. house hold use type snake at almost any hardware store, probably $25 or less. I have one, work fine for most of your normal long hair type clogs common with shower drains. Uses no chemicals.

oh ok I didn’t realize they were that inexpensive.

1995 Searay 175 Series

Rob. if you can’t get to the clog through the tub drain, go to the house roof and go through the vent pipe! Sometimes, that works great and you can reach further into the pipe!

quote:

There ain’t no joking around with a Fritz clog… must be military grade…

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
There ain't no joking around with a Fritz clog..... must be military grade.....

Well, he does have those long golden locks.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Rob. if you can’t get to the clog through the tub drain, go to the house roof and go through the vent pipe! Sometimes, that works great and you can reach further into the pipe!

Probably a stupid question but you are talking about using the snake through the vent pipe or pour that stuff down the hole?

1995 Searay 175 Series

Go get a zip cleaner. It’s about 18" long plastic stick with reverse barbs all the way down. You have a build up of hair in the line. Use it on the tub and sink drains. I think Lowes maybe has them for a couple of bucks. Ferguson on rivers had them on the counter at one time. Be very careful with the acid cleaners as they will eat through metal pipes.

-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-HT Bugbuster

quote:
Originally posted by Island Boy

Go get a zip cleaner. It’s about 18" long plastic stick with reverse barbs all the way down. You have a build up of hair in the line. Use it on the tub and sink drains. I think Lowes maybe has them for a couple of bucks. Ferguson on rivers had them on the counter at one time. Be very careful with the acid cleaners as they will eat through metal pipes.

-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-HT Bugbuster

I might try that first. Thanks

1995 Searay 175 Series

Run the snake from the roof vent pipe down! Much easier than through the tub drain.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Run the snake from the roof vent pipe down! Much easier than through the tub drain.

Not if the tub/shower has a P trap where the drain is.

Double D.