Need advice

I need to buy a pressure washer for general around home cleaning. Like to be able to use on boat and cars as well as siding. I would prefer an electric that is capable of 2200 PSI. Any recommendations?

Like to be able to get from a big box store.

My neighbor just got one from Lowe’s.$200 I think it’s 2000 PSI seems to work pretty well.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

QUARTERPOUND A PRESSURE WASHER IS ONE OF THE HANDYEST TOOLS YOU CAN OWN BUT DON’T SHORT YOURSELF WITH A UNIT THAT WONT DO ALL THAT YOU ASK OF IT , I HAVE A 3600PSI AT 4GAL PM AND HAVE SEEN THE TIME I WOULD LIKE EVEN MORE… YPO’LL USE IT FOR MANY THINGS YOU HAVEN’T EVEN THOUGHT OF;;;JUST SAYIN!!!:smiley:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Sage advice ^^^^^^^^^ GW

I agree with Gail Wins.

I have a Generac 2800 psi 8hp gas that I have owned for about 10 years and still works great. Personally I don’t like mixing Water & Electricity.

I had a gas washer previously and yes it lasted 25 years before the engine seized. I beat it to death when using it. I don’t need a high power unit anymore.
Water and electric doesn’t bother me. All the receptacles I’ll be using are GFI protected. Ryobi has a 2000 GPM that looks like it will fit the bill and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Most gas units are only 1 year. The electric only weighs 37 pounds. Only negative I see is the plastic hose and I can always change that out. It’s also quiet compared to a gas engine. I also want my wife to be able to use it as well. So, I’m pretty set on electric.
Was just wondering if anyone had some personal experience with pro’s/ con’s and what brands to stay away from.

I got a craftsman honda 2.3 GPM about five years ago at lowes for about $150. I always put gas in it when I use it and run it dry. Never had an issue with it. Use it at work, on house, on old boat (not new one) and truck. Worth every penny.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”

Borrowed a friends gas washer and used today. Did my 12 X 30 deck and rear vinyl plus my boat pad, front stairs and a 15 ft sidewalk. 5 tanks of gas! Told the wife I’m going with electric.

I have an electric Coleman and it does everything I need it to do. Had it more than 10 years and it still works fine. I just didn’t want another gas engine to take care of.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

in pressure washers- water flow is more important than pressure

After much research, going back to gas 2800

Got a little electric Riyobi in my dock box, was about $100.00. That little thing is great for washing the boat when we come in. Packs up tight but has the power to wash off the crud, blood and guts from a day of catching. Have a $300 gas one at the house for general use and jobs. Never expected it to last as long as it has considering the abuse it gets but it’s held up well. If the one I keep at the marina dies tomorrow, I’d got buy another one in a heartbeat.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

I bought a Greenworks 2000psi around 4 years ago. Still going strong. I do my siding,driveway,patio, etc. with no problem. Of course you do have to get a little closer than a gas on but anyone that has used it said it was great.