Need Feedback

The patent pending Biyak will be coming out this summer. The operator can adjust the spacing of the pontoons, so it goes from 30" to 50". The pontoons will be rotomolded. Everything made in SC. Might weigh around 80lbs. but easily breaks into 3 pieces.

I know the only test is to get on one, but I am interested in ■■■■■■■■ based on pics and description. Thanks.

It looks pretty cool. You’ll probably want to soften those edges to make it rotomold friendly.

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

Yep. It will be a little more rounded for sure. I hope to bring it down to Paradise Island on the 4th.

Very nice…how is the stability when it is at it’s closed-in position? BTW I love the camo look…

–elgeebee–
WS Ride 135

Nice looking prototype. I would figure out how to add in some sort of adjustable footbrace, as well as some aft hatches/inspection ports. Also looks like there might be some sharp edges around the “expansion tracks”. Might need to cover those up somehow.

Annoy a Liberal, Work Hard and Be Happy!

Thanks. These are the kinds of suggestions I’m interested in. I think I have a clever footbrace design, but have not settled on a seat.
Elgeebee, the stability when closed is good. I can stand up on it that way, too. I just can’t move around. It does feel a little weird at first, because you are so high up. That’s nice for fishing, but took some getting used to after my Wildy Pamlico.

I had it camo because I was shooting ducks from it this winter. I spread it open, blinded-up and sat on a dove stool in the middle of the deck. Worked well but not many ducks around.

i think a seating system similar to the jackson kayak low mid high seating adjustability would be awesome…also the floor looks really glossy …hope it has some sort of rubberized traction on it.

Perception Sport Pescador 12

That’s a pretty interesting looking um… kayakcat? What do you call that anyway? Can it expand/contract while on the water w/paddler on board?

oar-sockets would be good since it’s so wide, as well as larger hatches to access the storage inside the pontoons.
Good luck with it. Glad to see a new idea come to a prototype.

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Malibu X-13
WS Pamlico 120 Angler

We’re calling the boat a biyak.

I’ve never been in one of the Jackson seats. They look comfortable and light. Whatever I do, I am going to try and create at least two height options.

You can open and close the pontoons while on board. It moves easily if you shift your weight to the oposite pontoon.

Bowfin, I’ve obsessed over this thing for a solid year, and never thought to put oars on it. I’ll try that this weekend. Thanks.

For the chair, check out this: http://www.travelchair.com/the-chairs/169/. Won’t give you the down low position, but you might not need to be to low on that boat. Got some ideas for mounting it also.

quote:
Originally posted by DolphinD

For the chair, check out this: http://www.travelchair.com/the-chairs/169/. Won’t give you the down low position, but you might not need to be to low on that boat. Got some ideas for mounting it also.

That or something like it would be good. I’ll have to pick your brain about mounting it.

The ideal would be if legs could fold under or out for sitting low.

One of my designs is to have a storage box with a seat back attached. You could lean against it or sit on top of it.