Need lab stud, where to find????

Can anyone help me find a lab stub for my yellow lab? I checked Craigslist with no luck.

Plenty of breeders throughout the state. You can contact some of them. I also have a friend with a yellow stud. PM me your contact info and I will give it to him.

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

From Hwy 17 west ashley, turn left on Main Rd going towards Johns Island. There’s a lab breeder on the left hand side before you go over the Stono; I’m not sure what the name of the place is.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

I’ve got a male Nova Scotia retriever who wouldn’t mind getting some strange :smiley:[:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Dear Cracker…That would be a Toller would it not? Interesting dog. Don’t see them much around these parts.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

That’s right! A Nova Scotia Duck Tolling retriever. Not many people have heard of them, or know what they are around here. Fantastic dog, the best one I’ve ever had :smiley:

He’s still a virgin…

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Wow, never heard of a NSDT retriever. Nice lookin’ dog.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I’ve got a male Nova Scotia retriever who wouldn’t mind getting some strange :smiley:[:I]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

pimpin’ aint easy?

“Enough hijacking, this is a major thread”

He is incredibly smart and talented, and he has to help me do everything. He wants a job to do all the time, doesn’t care what it is, and he’s really good at it:smiley:

I’ve had retrievers for 50 years, mostly labs and goldens, never seen one as smart and eager to please as this one. He’s completely trained to hand signals and tongue clicks, I can call him from 1/2 mile just by clicking my tongue twice. He usually knows what I want before I ask him. Got a nose that can track anything I put him on and he won’t quit until he finds it. We tracked my clients lost whippet for 6 hours one night through the Savannah river swamps. The whippet was just visiting, he’s a city dog, and took off after a deer, and went a dang long ways! He had about an hour head start on us before we noticed him missing. My dog was steady pulling and tracking, swimming most of the time, we were swimming and wading and crawling through thickets on our belly. And after a very long pursuit, we came around a little curve on a deer trail and there was Jack, the whippet:smiley:

I do a little bit of volunteer work with the county Sheriffs dept. sometimes when they have an emergency on the river and need a boat. Not often, about 3 times a year. Usually just an over due broke down boater, but sometime worse. I’m close to the landing and stay ready. Dog always goes with me. We’ve never yet failed to find what we were looking for, woods or water, good or bad. Heck of a dog. I wouldn’t take a million $ for him.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Where did you get him from Larry:question:

Easy…You won’t find one from some back yard breeder, that’s for sure. As I understand it, Nova Scotia has very controlled breeding rights to these dogs. They are considered a National Treasure in some respects, and the purity of the gene pool is closely monitored. After observing what has happened to the Labrador Retriever, there has been a strong effort to not let it happen to the Toller. I was, and am, a strong dissenter against the AKC and their propensity for breeding the brains out of noble breeds for the show ring. I was very sad to see the effort succeed to have the AKC recognize our State Dog, the Boykin Spaniel. I see so many ferret faced, scattered brain Boykins result from back yard breeding for short term profits. I would encourage BW2150 to be very selective in looking for a stud.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

Someone with the Palmetto Retriever Club should be able to point you in the right direction.

><>

I’ve got a good looking yellow lab. He’s 9 years old and still leaps up stairs like a 3 year old. I can post pics when I get home. Never tried any trials. He is a gun dog wit a great nose and super instincts.