Need New fishing sunglasses

Time has come to buy a new pair. Before I drop some beans on a new pair, thought I’d see what everyone else is liking with all the new colors and technologies and such. I fish mostly inshore. Mostly mid-day (not too much low light fishing).

What brand/model are you wearing?
What lens color?
any pros / cons?

Thanks!

Costa Fantails, in the tortoise frame and green mirror lense style.

Strong, durable frame and the lenses have great clarity. Highly recommend and I think Costa is running a 20 % off special at the moment.

The frames are a little on the thicker side, so if you prefer more lightweight frames I’d go with the Jose or Brine style. Definitely recommend the color scheme mentioned above, they make a great combination. Tortoise frames never go out of style.

"Only a fool thinks he knows it all."

Check out Sunclouds. Made by Smith optics, around $50 retail and have a lifetime warranty. I have Costas and Sunclouds and find myself wearing my Sunclouds 75% of the time.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Its hard to beat any of the Coastas with 580s. I also have maui jims that I’ve had for probably ten-twelve years, needless to say, they are durable and stand up to plenty of abuse.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I also like Suncloud Shades, they are warrantied lifetime and seem to me to be very well made glasses. I like the black frame with Blue lenses and yes they average $50. I quit paying $250 for booshie name shades. FYI the most recent pair I bought I got the best price from the Suncloud site on sale.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"

Agreed; I wait until Bonzo sends me a link to 50%. Usually happens one a year…although I haven’t heard from that guy lately.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mMc_xG2x3Oc Calcutta

Got a few pairs of Rheos (https://www.rheosgear.com/) that am happy with. Tough to beat for the price, lightweight and see the water well. They’re made here in Charleston and run by a husband/wife team (have no affiliation to them). They run deals from time to time but currently priced at $55/per. While I like Maui Jims best (have a pair of Oakleys as well) don’t think they’re worth the extra $.

23 I’d buy another pair for 50% off. Bonzo gimme a shout next time too.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"

Pretty sure the website is Steepandcheap.com or something like that.

I second the Sunclouds. Picked up a pair in the Ft. Lauderdale airport this past February, to wear on vacation and haven’t picked the Costas back up.

Go with the best quality out there…they’re amazing

https://www.blublocker.com/

Sunclouds for sure! cant beat the price!

I like Sunclouds too. I have a lot of beef with Costa. Stupid repair and warranty policy, cost you about $50 just to ship to and from their repair shop. They refuse to ship you the lenses.

I like Oakleys, but I wont spend the money on their polarized glasses. I buy their standard UV glasses and swap the lenses out with IKON polarized lenses from Amazon. Superior lenses, I would argue better than Costa lenses.

www.steepandcheap.com they are having a sale on sunglasses now…some Costas like 50% off…hey guys…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org