Need some guesses on weight

My son and I went fishing at our small local duck pond like we do most weekends last night. Usually catch some big bluegill and the occasional small bass. Well I had someone tell me there were some much bigger bass in there so I decided to try a bigger spinner bait. Well ended up landed the biggest bass that I have ever caught (haven’t been bass fishing very long). I didn’t have a scale with me but scaling the picture he is about 20-22" long. Any guesses on what she may weigh?

I’d say it’s 3 pounds or so…nice fish!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I was guessing between 4 and 5 from what the people I texted told me. Still not bad for a pond that’s less than a 1/2 acre and in the middle of a neighborhood.

3.5-4lbs.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Roland Martin weight clearly 7.5 lb.

My guess is that it is closer to 5 lb than 4 and if 22", it might be a little over 5. Looks to be in extra good shape for a mid summer fish.

I’ve found charts like this to be fun but any much better than eyeballing

http://www.in-fisherman.com/in-fisherman-blogs/bass-length-to-weight-conversion-chart/

I wont weigh in a guess, a Dads word is gospel on this subject.
Here’s a tip I learned with my kids, always tell the truth best you can, it will pay off one day when they do catch that really big one!