Need someone to lay SOD

Had all the trees cut down in my back yard and now need to have yard prepped and SOD layed back down. Looking for some recommendations on few landscapers to get quotes from… Thanks

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

Call Joshua from this website, he owns cornerstone landscape (770) 870-9822
He does fantastic work real perfectionist

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Will give him a call thanks

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

I just laid 5 pallets of centipede…I was about 1 short. Sucks…luckily, had some help come over the other night to help finish up what we had.

Yea I got two quotes and decided to lay it myself was trying to save sometime but not worth extra money… looks like I am gonna need 4pallets where did you get your sod from I was priced $180 a pallet from Carolina fresh farms.

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

quote:
Originally posted by OverDraft225

Yea I got two quotes and decided to lay it myself was trying to save sometime but not worth extra money… looks like I am gonna need 4pallets where did you get your sod from I was priced $180 a pallet from Carolina fresh farms.

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

Legare Farms, but they need a good heads up. I paid $805 for 5 pallets of centipede (I think that was a discounted price because the price on website wasn’t updated, supposedly).

What type are you getting? I’m about to call around for one more pallet. It took my dad (68 years old) and me about an hour to put 1 pallet down, but that was being really “gentle” and particular. The help we had wasn’t so gentle…lol. I had tilled with our tractor (5’ tiller) before laying. Also, got some turf starter and fungicide from Possums to put down before laying sod, too. That was about $70 or so.

quote:
Originally posted by OverDraft225

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

Check all seasons - I got st aug sod from them. Laid it on top of old grass + weeds and it filled in no problem. No tilling, no additives. Was about this time of year too - rain helped a lot.

All Seasons typically needs at least a week heads up, too. 843.559.5829

I did some pricing about a year ago and here are my notes from that. The prices may help but are out of date.

Carolina fresh farms 843.871.1246
Saint A $190 – 400sqft
Zoysia $230 – 450 sqft

Trico Landscaping supply Phone: 843-797-7757

Green Acres: sta $210 per pallet (400 sqft). Empire zoystia $250 (450 sqft)

Stacks Nursery
Saint A $210/pallet - 400sqft

Super sod. 2 palets of Zenith $573. 1000 sqft. Hardy and disease resistant, full sun- needs at least a few hours of sun. $482 for 1000sqft centipede. 843-540-7970 Park – sales rep. Delivered price.

Henry Farms Phone: 800.872.7794

Nimmer: http://www.nimmerturf.com/services.html

First, Most, Biggest

Going to be laying centipede priced from both super sod and Carolina fresh farms. Super sod was $160 a pallet $150 delivery and carolina fresh farms was $180 with $75 delivery fee. Going to give some of the other mentioned a call but everyone prices seem to be pretty close. Now just gotta get the ground tilled up and leveled out hopefully put in order next week…

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200

I put down Carolina Fresh last summer and I got a ridiculous amount of crabgrass in my St Augustine. They said it was from tilling my dirt, but I’d never had it before. Also, nutsedge was in a handful of places. I noticed the sedge in several pieces before I ever laid it down and tossed them to the side. They told me not to worry about the seasonal crabgrass and to treat the sedge with something, so I did.

Honestly, because of the crabgrass I quit watering it earlier than I planned and I probably lost a lot of it. Waiting for signs of life/not before I try to get a pallet or two to lay in the same spot again. The crabgrass was causing me to have to cut 2x per week. Imagine how I feel about the whole thing.

BG

The old folks had it made, they sent the younguns outside with a pine branch broom to sweep the yard!