new construction electrical question

We are in the early stages of having our new home built. The contractor has submitted the permit applications and we’re waiting on the ‘ground breaking’. It’s an elevated home and the electrical plan calls for a minimal number of outlets in the ‘drive under’ area. We’d like to add a lot more outlets including some for shop tools and such. The contractor told us that if we wish to increase/change any of the electrical aspects of the home that we would need to work directly with the electrical contractor, paying him/her for any additional work not in the original plan. So, does anyone have a feel for what we can expect for charges related to adding outlets/fixtures in new construction? When we meet with the electrician, I want to be prepared for what he will charge us!

Thanks!!

tom

We built with David Weekley’s custom home division last year.

Here is what we paid: (whether we paid too much or about right…I couldn’t tell you, but in the grand scheme of building the house it was a small expense for a greater future convenience)

Exterior Outlet $100
Exterior GFCI $250
Add flood light (includes switch) $200
Add dedicated receptical circuit $150
Add 4’ florescent light in garage $110

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

quote:
Originally posted by STFulton1

We built with David Weekley’s custom home division last year.

Here is what we paid: (whether we paid too much or about right…I couldn’t tell you, but in the grand scheme of building the house it was a small expense for a greater future convenience)

Exterior Outlet $100
Exterior GFCI $250
Add flood light (includes switch) $200
Add dedicated receptical circuit $150
Add 4’ florescent light in garage $110

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Scott,
Thanks for the reply!!
It gives me a framework for the prices.

tom

By code there is a limit to the amount of electrical you can install below flood plane, if that plays into effect.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishnengr

By code there is a limit to the amount of electrical you can install below flood plane, if that plays into effect.

Thanks?.I noticed that in the plans. All of the outlets/light fixtures in the area under the house are located on the ceiling. So, I figured any additional outlets would have to be mounted on the ceiling as well, at least in the drive under area.