New lawn mower????

Hey everyone,

Looking at buying a new lawn mover. Between a few properties I am cutting about 3.5-4 acres twice a month. Looking at a Husqvarna Z248F 48" cut zero turn. Any advise? Recommendations?

Good mowers,I use huskys in my grounds dept. and have one for home too. For that much grass I would recommend moving up to a 54", 52" at a minimum.I replaced my home mower from a 48 to a 54 and it does make a difference.

https://www.hustlerturf.com/products/fastrak?__hstc=43953530.8bae348373e3bb76b9ab38137b85bd17.1562699327202.1562699327202.1562699327202.1&__hssc=43953530.1.1562699327203&__hsfp=1586659131

I have been running the 54" commercial for 12 years, replaced starter once,drive belt several times, blades 4-5 times/season. The machine still runs like the day I bought it.

Whatever you buy, make dam sure you run E-free fuel.

If that’s the commercial that took the place of the EZ2448, it is a very good unit. Look at the deck and see if it has two outer rollers and one larger one in the center. The non commercial “cheaper” Husqvarna’s are not worth it IMO.

The extra money for commercial is well worth it. Neighbor has a bad boy" that has held up well from tractor supply. If you could swing it I took a ride on a buddies Exmark that has the whole seat assy. riding on four shock towers. Supper fancy and maybe the Best mower I’ve been on.

I still have one 2006 SCAG left from when i owned a landscaping business. the hour meter stopped at 3600 hours a few years ago. still runs like a brand new mower, its doesnt look like it now, but it definitely runs like it. they are quite a bit more than the husqvarana, but you will potentially have a “life-time” mower. my motor and all the hydraulics are original and show no signs of wear. i do a compression check on the kohler command pro CV22 motor every year, and it still has perfect compression. i rebuilt the deck with all new pulleys and spindles last year, that’s the only major thing ive done to it. other typical stuff like fuel line replacement and etc, the only other thing ive done is replace the flywheel and stator. that mower could completely destroy itself tomorrow and i would have no hard feelings.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

I have a 54" snapper pro/commercial and have had no issues except for normal maintenance. Mine is 14 years old though. Seems like I heard snapper has since started doing things differently maybe making some things outside the us something along those lines, so I cant speak to the newer ones.

Motor and deck construction are the main things to look for.

Here lately i have heard good things about commercial versions of Skag, Snapper, Ferris, gravely, and ex mark.

I’ve had several friends that have had both commercial and non commercial husqvarnas and they were not pleased. Lits of problems.

Bottom line you get what you pay for. Suck it up and pay up for a good commercial mower and you wont have any problems for 10-15 years.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

I have a 54" snapper pro/commercial and have had no issues except for normal maintenance. Mine is 14 years old though. Seems like I heard snapper has since started doing things differently maybe making some things outside the us something along those lines, so I cant speak to the newer ones.

Motor and deck construction are the main things to look for.

Here lately i have heard good things about commercial versions of Skag, Snapper, Ferris, gravely, and ex mark.

I’ve had several friends that have had both commercial and non commercial husqvarnas and they were not pleased. Lits of problems.

Bottom line you get what you pay for. Suck it up and pay up for a good commercial mower and you wont have any problems for 10-15 years.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Thanks to everyone for the advise.
I looked at the Skag, eXmark, Dixie Chopper, Bad Boy, Husqvarna, Murray, and 4 others.

Have to say that I am having a real hard time seeing the advantage of twice the price on the same size mower with the same engine. Not being a commercial guy; ie getting paid to cut grass, justifying the difference is tough. I am still impressed with the Husq desk is it the heaviest I have seen so far. Still looking and comparing…

quote:
Originally posted by ReelShock

I looked at the Skag, eXmark, Dixie Chopper, Bad Boy, Husqvarna, Murray, and 4 others.

Have to say that I am having a real hard time seeing the advantage of twice the price on the same size mower with the same engine. Not being a commercial guy; ie getting paid to cut grass, justifying the difference is tough. I am still impressed with the Husq desk is it the heaviest I have seen so far. Still looking and comparing…

Have a buddy who has the biggest baddest dixie chopper you can get and he cant stand it. Says when he’s finished cutting he is black from head to toe from all the dirt, dust and debris that thing throws in the air. To me the justification is purchasing a mower that may last you 5-6 years versus one that may last you 15. I guess it all depends on what you are doing with it to. If we are talking manicured perfectly flat lawns maybe you would be fine. If you are on a farm cutting pastures etc. then obviously you need more heavy duty.

Personally, i’ve just heard more negative than positive on husqy mowers. Chain saws are great but I know three people who had numerous problems with them. For that reason, i wont have one.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:
Originally posted by ReelShock

Have a buddy who has the biggest baddest dixie chopper you can get and he cant stand it. Says when he’s finished cutting he is black from head to toe from all the dirt, dust and debris that thing throws in the air. To me the justification is purchasing a mower that may last you 5-6 years versus one that may last you 15. I guess it all depends on what you are doing with it to. If we are talking manicure perfect lawns maybe you would be fine. If you are on a farm cutting pastures etc. then obviously you need more heavy duty.

Personally, i’ve just heard more negative than positive on husqy mowers. Chain saws are great but I know three people who had numerous problems with them. For that reason, i wont have one.

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Go with the husqvarna, I’ve had mine for 7 years, no troubles except for the regular maintenance.

Double D.

The belly mower on my ford 1700 finly fell apart and I hired my neighbors kid to cut mine with his Skag he cuts about 7 acs and weed eats around the pond and 100 crape myrtles down my drive for $1,000 a year and keep it looking good.

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

The belly mower on my ford 1700 finly fell apart and I hired my neighbors kid to cut mine with his Skag he cuts about 7 acs and weed eats around the pond and 100 crape myrtles down my drive for $1,000 a year and keep it looking good.

You found someone that will work??? WTH ???

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

That’s a steal!! Especially now we are getting rain with these hot nights. Grass is growing like crazy.

we aint getting it up here! Very spotty.