New legislation so 35 foot + boats can only run 10 knots

I’ve just done a little searching and looks like this thing is getting momentum. Ok going gentle so as not to cause a flag by offending anyone, it seems that we have Legislation in place to Stop all boats 35 foot and up from going any faster than 10 knots due to Environmentalists saying too many Whales are being put in danger and getting killed. If this takes place it would cripple the Charter business. Anytime you can’t travel faster than 10 knots you just don’t go! I’ve trolled for Wahoo at 12 knots and I know some that pull as fast as 16 knots when targeting them.

Again not trying to offend anyone, but the big guy just had a speech saying he was trying to get this implemented! I sure hope not. I don’t have a 35’ boat, but I do have access to team on a couple. No why in heck would it be worth an offshore trip at that speed.

1 Like

I posted this legislation months ago, with little concern, from the crowd…

1 Like

Won’t be little concern when the forth wall of the fence closes, but it will be too late. It’s like the old thing about the frog in the pot of water slowly dying as it starts to boil and does nothing. Getting time for civil unrest. But unfortunately as things are censored, ignored and hidden in the basement, probably never happen and the frogs will just get boiled alive with no reaction.

The cruise lines, shipping. He’ll even boat manufacturing.
I didn’t know hitting whales was a problem.
So I googled.

I guess orcas are the Smart ones. The other ones bunch of dumb hillbilly cousins.

I’ve seen one, but I don’t believe it is very common to even see one off our coast much less run into it. If it has happened it must be kept very quiet in the boating community. I’ve never heard of anyone hitting a whale.

Okay I’ll say it…this Legislation is just plain stupid!!! Another overreach.

The Guardian always hates humans first and wants to protect everything else.

I read about a minute of it. And I’m sure their numbers are skewed.
But that’s what come up when I googled Wells getting run over by boats. I just was not aware that all the time. Like I said I thought well for smart obviously not.

They use similar wording as used in the fake climate change “ crisis” Estimated. Likely probable and so on.