New Props Coming?

sharrowengineering.com

Check out this new(ish) technology… think it’s a gimmick or going to actually “take off” ? Seems petty wild!

Eating some lunch and looking at this, 15% gain would be fantastic! Looks like they are more focused on cargo ships for fuel savings than recreational at this point. Wonder what cost will be compared to a conventional prop?

The fuel those ship burn, a 15% increase would be worth some serious money and environmental impact.

I agree Fred, also the independent testing says they are the real deal… wonder how bad some marsh grass would affect it when it gets all in it? :question:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Well looky who Sharrow linked up with… wonder if these will ever get to recreational boater prices?

Some really cool stuff though!

It looks amazing, but at $5,000 for a Yamaha F150 prop, I don’t think I’ll be making that purchase anytime soon. I could see $1500 for me to get that much efficiency/gain out of it, but at $5,000 it doesn’t make sense. A fishing trip for me I burn between 4-10 gallons.

Bigger boats, I would imagine its well worth the investment.

This is a good re-visit topic. I’d love to test one out. I’m with ya Ricky, if it does what they say I could see $1500… $5000 with a $500 reserve… not so much.

Now the drone guys are using the tech to quiet the noise, 3D print style. Check it out.

https://www.cined.com/mit-rese…ing-sounding-drone-propellers/

If we don’t die out, it’s going to be interesting what new technologies come out in our near future. I really want a drone, just don’t know much about them other than the little one the kids got me that I keep getting stuck in trees if the wind starts blowing.