New Roof Needed, Beaufort

Anyone have advice as to a dependable/honest roofer??? What should I expect per square on removal (regular style)and install of the 30 year architectural shingles???

Some folks here in the hood, kidding, Ladys Island have been paying some crazy prices, IMO for the size of the homes.

Will be getting some local estimates, but no rush. Gonna wait till hurricane seasons over for the work to be done.

BTW, this not an insurance claim.

Thanks in advance!!

NN

DA roofing did mine after Mathew. Very satisfied with price and quality of work.

ZX

If you can, id wait till the guys got all the insurance jobs caught up! Try to stay local with a repitable guy!

Sometimes your insurance company is a good source of referrals for contractors.

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

R&R roof runs around $275 a square (100ft^2). Look into the SCSafe home program. It is grant money from the SC Dept of Insurance to install a “fortified” roof. A fortified roof reduces your wind and hail policy costs, adds value to the home for resell, and at the moment has allowable tax credits, and is rated for 140 mph winds with lifetime shingles. The fortified roof runs around $375 a square, but grants up to $5000 are available. In my case, the wind and hail portion of my homeowners would be reduced around $600 to $800 a year, pays for itself.

Thanks guys for the info…

Fred, appreciatie the message and a turnaround time like that would be awesome.

Tank, someone in Bft told me about Donne w/DA. Had someone mention Don Juan roofing as well. I’d have to change the name if I owned that company:wink:, but worth checking.

Surf, good idea as I need to talk to the insurance folks this week anyway regarding flood policy. Perfect timing.

BP, not a rush.

Fish, have never heard of such, but thanks. Guessing for primary residence only, but will see.

NN