New to Charleston

What’s up everyone! I’m new to the Charleston area by a few months and I’m getting back into fishing after about a five year hiatus! I was wondering if any body could give me a few good spots to go to and have a little fun! I don’t have a boat just yet so I’m limited to inshore fishing right now. Thanks in advance for the tips and help!

Not aware of too many shore spots in fresh water that would be all that great… Saltwater might be the way to go until you get a boat…

A bad day fishing is much better than a good day at work.

copy that, thanks!

fish neighborhood ponds and you can catch some real nice largemouth this way

The ponds in the Francis Marion National Forest hold channel cats , Bass and bream…Supposed to have Crappie , too. The small black water creeks hold fish, too. Pond’s in the Hell Hole unit are great in early spring.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

quote:
Originally posted by thekingpin

What’s up everyone! I’m new to the Charleston area by a few months and I’m getting back into fishing after about a five year hiatus! I was wondering if any body could give me a few good spots to go to and have a little fun! I don’t have a boat just yet so I’m limited to inshore fishing right now. Thanks in advance for the tips and help!

I took your post to mean you want to fish from shore for inshore saltwater species. If so I’m happy to help. Send me a PM if you still want some help.