New Truck - 2017 Titan XD Pro-4X with Cummins

quote:
Originally posted by high life

Nice ride, like the stance with the wheels and tires. Guessing the cam locker fit also?

I’m running a 16’ with 36k miles. So far about 3k tuned and deleted. Went out on a limb and went with ez lynk running higher power performance tunes with 4”flo pro exhaust with muffler. Love ez lynk, flashes take about 9 minutes and having the ability to connect with tuner with out taking the truck to them is very nice. As they refine the tunes they push updates out over the cloud and you can choose to update or not. Monitoring is through a WiFi device like a phone or tablet provided it can run the ez lynk app. It was hard to take that leap with not seeing it in person.

Bunch of us are also currently waiting delivery of out egr delete kits. As of now egr is turned off in tuning. Kits will include new up pipe instead of just blocker plates along with new charge pipe.

If you FB check out Titan XD cummins forum along with Titan XD’s lifted and leveled. Overall decent pages with lots of info on these trucks.

Pioneer 222SF

I’d love to check yours out…I’m torn on when to tune and delete. Guess I’ll take the 2 more free oil changes from the dealer and then go to town.

Did mileage increase?

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Check it out all you want. I wish I could have before I bought.

Mileage went up but not by much. Lately it’s real hard to tell since I’ve been letting it warm up. It’s been in the upper 30’s here in Bluffton overnight past week or so. Before I averaged 18-18.5 hand calculated and now I’m usually in the 19.5-19.7 range. I normally check every time I fill. My commute is about 30 min with not a whole lot of traffic lights. I also mostly run my switch on level 3 since it seems to be pretty clean. I’m not into black smoke. Truck computer went from 17 to 18, but like I said hand checking is showing better.

Pioneer 222SF

Think i saw your truck at lunch today over at checkers near dorchester. good looking truck.

East Cape EVOx

Have all of the parts for a tune/delete this weekend (I hope). Won a FB raffle for about 1/2 the cost of the parts, so I pulled the trigger.

Have the EZ LYNK Auto Agent preloaded with HPP tunes and shift on the fly switch, and the Pro Flo 4" race pipes ready to go on…

Excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time…

Wadmalaw native

If you plan to keep it there is no need to be scared. I would love to hear ours side by side one day just to hear the difference. I’m running 4” with muffler.

I have lost interest in mine so I’m in a different boat at this point. In my opinion, biggest problem you may run into is the fuel system and leaky egr cooler. My egr delete kit is sitting in my closet along with an Icon stage 1 kit just collecting dust until I decide to make a move. The cp4 fuel pump has a nasty reputation of coming apart and sending metal flakes up stream and wiping out the injectors. It’s the same one used in the lml duramax, and 6.7 powerstroke. The dealers want to quickly say its contaminated fuel and not cover it. This reason alone is why I do fuel filters every 10k and run additive every other or so tank of fuel. Filters are easy and my dealer matches online pricing for me. In the end it might not make a difference, but I’ll try. I decided a while back mine would not see a dealer again unless specific to Nissan and no other option. These techs are not trained for diesel.

Pioneer 222SF

It’s done. Sounds incredible…drives like it should have from the factory.

I’m doing filters every 10k, and use Diesel Kleen every other tank or so so far, so I will continue that. You’re absolutely right about the dealers not being prepared…

Wadmalaw native