New vehicles

Why do we need a big touch screen in automobiles. Do you really need three different ways to adjust your radio. I can plug my phone in and play videos. Makes a lot of sense … do I really need 2 different ways to see where my heaters or air conditioner set… do I really need a switch the slow down my truck. I guess it’s kind of like a jake brake. 2 speedometers. I got along fine looking at my tires to know if they needed air or not. I can figure out how many MPG I’m getting when I fill up. 8 charging docks what the hell. I see some of these vehicles going down the road 8 and 12 inch screen that pop up out of the dash.
And we wonder why there’s over a thousand traffic fatalities this year already… as of a couple weeks ago 118 motorcycle fatalities. Up 30%.

Remote start love it on them cold mornings along with the heated seats. And the backup cameras are nice for hooking up boats and equipment.

Test my dumba$$ thoughts for the day

good rant, i’m 1000% on board.

-just because i want air blowing across my windshield doesn’t mean i NEED the compressor running. i miss my first truck with a manual louver to switch from fresh to recirc no matter what the other settings were doing.

-if you can make an “auto” switch for the window to go down, why doesn’t it go up automatically? would it be so hard to add another auto switch to my passenger door when buying something worth what a house used to cost?

-Ford thinks it’s a good idea for their F150’s to auto lock all the doors (and now tailgates) when they hit 2nd gear. maybe if i lived in certain parts of Baltimore.

-After that, if you don’t intentionally unlock your doors after you hit 2nd gear, then you get out and try to open your tailgate, it’s still F-ing locked!

-Drove a 150 where if you locked the doors with the key fob and later unlocked it manually with the key, the F-ing burglar alarm goes off. WTF.

-Vehicles that turn themselves off for 3 seconds at an intersection and then fire right back up. Is that an energy savings? I can override it by telling the truck to run the compressor on max, is that helpful?

I don’t need my machines to think they’re smarter than me. give me options that i can turn ON, not factory defaults that i might or might not be able to turn OFF. like all the apps that my iPhone came auto-loaded with and can’t be deleted.

there are other things that grind my gears… but i’ll pause here and hope that Ricky posts some more new cool tech that actually makes life more convenient, safe, or efficient

I agree as well, that’s why they are so ridiculously expensive.
All I really need extra is.
Large tow mirrors.
Back up camera because it is cheaper than a divorce.
Bluetooth
A charger port.
Tow brakes & trailer wiring hook ups.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Fortunately this truck does not shut off every time it stops. Seems like a lot of extra wear and tear to me. I’ve drove some pretty rough stuff over the years. The last thing I want is a vehicle to shut off at intersections. I’d jump out and try to push it out of the way… But it does shut off four cylinders when it decides it’s not needed. No way to override… Can’t see that doing the motor any good either. Yes I recently discovered the tailgate locks itself… BS.

Areeldrag
Your comment about The back-up camera being cheaper than a divorce is hilarious… I see at the campground quite often the husband screaming at the wife or the wife screaming to husband when hooking and unhooking. And of course trying to back in or pull out of their space… Good entertainment

Got to save my pennies buy a decent set of mirrors.$400⁰⁰

Could not get my delivery as scheduled…
Had to pick up enough to get us through the day.
WTH is the purpose for the 5½’ bed.
Hopefully this truck last me a couple years and I will be able to find a 250 /2500… When the bottom falls out…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Oh yeah I meant to comment Ricky’s truck.
Sweet ride.I bet you that thing does just about everything except give u sex…
Or does it???

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

A couple months ago my backup camera went out & a few weeks ago we had to take the camper to the dealer for a recall. At home my 11 yr old son helped me back up & hookup to it in 2 tries. My wife went with me to drop it off & pick it up on the same day. It took me what felt like 15 minutes for her to do the same thing. As soon as I got home I ordered a new camera.
She is a very smart women but for some reason can’t grasp the concept of if you can’t see me in the mirror then I can’t see you and over some means nothing when you don’t give a direction with it. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

LOL that is so true!! In the course of a month I might be in a dozen different trucks, Some can guide you back and others just don’t get it. “turn your wheels this way …no wait, turn em the other way” just tell me which way you need me to go to match up to hitch! I know which way to turn the wheel. :smiley: The Back up camera is a fantastic invention. You rely on it just like cruise control and Blue tooth hands free phone use. On some of the older pick ups I’ve installed a cheap aftermarket camera. You can find them as low as $40 bucks, wireless camera with night vision and monitor.

Sissy or no, I love my heated and cooled seats. Was taking dad to visit a friend in the Nursing home last year and I turned on the seat. a few miles down the road he started squirming a bit and then held his ballzz and said “what you got going on in this truck son? It’s cooling my business down, I like it!” God bless Him!

https://www.amazon.com/ZSMJ-Monitor-Trailer-Reversing-Waterproof/dp/B071RB8YW9/ref=sr_1_11?crid=2QESAV4EWAP4W&keywords=back+up+cameras+■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■+up+camers%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-11

AMEN Brother. All I really want in a truck (beside reliability and a decent tow capacity) is AC, decent stereo, power windows/doors and cruise control. Good gas mileage seems to be unreasonable. I’m not a technophobe, I just don’t want all that crap in my car. Just more expense and more stuff to break and more $ to spend to get fixed.

My wife’s 2013 Highlander (old by standards now) has crap on it we have never used. Sadly, cars without such frills are no longer available.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

My truck is an 07 & did not come with one. This is my 3rd one from Amazon for under $100. Only time I’m not hooking up & towing something is when I take the trash off so a camera makes life so easy.

I’ve had similar seat issue with my wife’s Van but with the heater. My junk felt like it was on fire.:angry:

We were taking the first I 95 road trip in my wife’s new Outback. She had it in cruse control and was showing me how it would maintain the proper following distance to the car ahead. All was well until she took her hands off the wheel and started digging around in her purse. Scared the poop out of me! She looked at me and calmly said not to worry the car could drive itself. I told her in no uncertain words that she would NEVER again trust a car doing 70mph to a stupid ass computer. I was VERY angry, trust me.

ZX

I don’t EVER want my car driving me. I actually like driving so sitting there being driven would not please me.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

My last truck had the parking sensors front and rear and everytime I’d go to the hunting property, the stupid sensors would beep at me driving through the tall grass. Not even thick grass, but like tall weeds it would beep. And you cannot turn those sensors off. I did not get those sensors on my new truck, nor did I get the lane departure warning crap. The lane departure you can turn off, but why should you pay extra for something you don’t want? Its so nice now; when I back my trailer up, my seat doesn’t vibrate and yell at me anymore.

And my front windows are automatic down and up. The back windows are automatic down only. I was told its a safety feature, but I wish the back ones were auto up too.

One cool feature that I haven’t done yet is install tire pressure sensors in my boat trailer tires. My truck can sense those and tell me what the pressure is inside my cab. That’s pretty slick for trailering. For guys that pull a trailer for a living, I would think its a must have. It’ll also tell you the internal temperature, so that maybe you can see hubs starting to go and heat up before you actually have a hub blowout. Haven’t bought them yet, but its on my to do list. Probably $40-$50 bought and installed I would think. Well worth it in my opinion and in a couple of years we’ll be wondering how we ever did without.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Being able to monitor hub temperatures would be a great benefit.
I keep a laser thermometer in my truck. Whenever we stop for a pee break or gas break on trips I check them.
They usually run somewhere around a 110…
Knock on wood.I never had a bearing failure.

22 life’s a day

The tech on new cars is extensive and a main factor in the lack of vehicle supply. All that tech requires chips.

Just bought a new truck due to a 2017 being totaled. The 2017 and new truck are similar trim levels. But the new truck comes with plenty of safety tech.

Interestingly the insurance is lower on the new truck despite the increased price. The agent said it was due to the increased safety tech.

Pioneer 197SF

From my 2014 Silverado LTZ to my 2021 GMC Sierra AT4, my insurance went down $200 a year. I thought it was weird too, but I didn’t question it.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017