NEW YORK WEEKEND GETAWAY

Took the wife up to NYC for the weekend to catch a broadway show. We stayed in Timesqare and walked about four hundred miles in four days…oh and I brought my camera.

Enjoy!!

[img]http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/u

Nice pictures 23! Too much concrete for me. I do have one question for you though? You took the wife, or she made you go:question: Mine would have to make me go:smiley: Did Matt give you a wave?

I took her as a surprise. Didn’t tell her until Thursday night and the plane left Friday morning.

If anything, being in New York made me really appreciate Charleston. But this was really a get away trip for her. She has never been before, so I took her to see Wicked on Broadway, then shopping… Lots of shopping… And some expensive dinners.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

good stuff 23…Versace was a nice touch…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I love the pictures, but my favorite is the handrail and picket shadows. I love taking that type shot. Stellar work, as always.

Good for you 23! That was a nice thing to do.

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

I love the pictures, but my favorite is the handrail and picket shadows. I love taking that type shot. Stellar work, as always.

That’s the little bridge in Central Park where Spiderman kissed Mary Jane… Lol, the wife got a kick out of that.

quote:
Originally posted by bgf

Same here. I have a 30" monitor, and even on that one, when I scroll “down” on that pic, it actually looks like I’m zooming in closer to the shadows.

When I first started to scroll down the the photo after it, I thought for sure that my browser was zooming in, and not scrolling down. I couldn’t figure out why it was doing that.

After I rolled it several more times on the mouse, it finally showed the pic under it lol and I figured out why I was losing my mind.

Saying “I am offended” is telling everyone else that you cannot control your own emotions, and thus you need everyone else to do it for you.

Very cool!

John

Pathfinder 23 HPS

Excellent !! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Nice pictures!

I have been to NYC twice. It is such a fun place to take pictures. There is so much more stuff way up high there than we have here. All of our tall structures are bridges.

Thanks for sharing!

Semper Fi
18’ Sterling
115 Yamaha
Big Ugly Homemade Blue Push Pole

Begging would have been cheaper. Well, at least you’ll get to go fishing whenever you want for the year.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Great shots. I love NYC. Wouldn’t want to livethere, but I loved the weekend I spent there a few years ago.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

these are beautiful pix.

this is the wrong forum. you should be band*

that homo cook that wears the crocks looks like he’s really packin it on.

quote:
There is so much more stuff way up high there than we have here. All of our tall structures are bridges.

Thank the Lord for that! Cool to see, very cool pictures and I love the B&W, but I’ve been twice and never intend to go back. Those high rise buildings and all those people are not for me, I get claustrophobia in the middle of all that. Can’t do it. [:0]

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

that homo cook that wears the crocks looks like he’s really packin it on.

Funny story about that, We were having breakfast at Pershing Square across from Grand Central Terminal watching all crazy people running in and out when a big black suburban pulls up outside of our window. Couple of security guys get out and then the back door opens up and it’s him, Mario Batali. Red socks and orange crocks. I promptly made fun of him to Samantha before I realized who he was. They were filming something for the food channel I guess. As we left the cafe we ran into him and said, “hey, we ate at your restaurant Friday night”. Lol, he said thanks and then we went on our way.

He seemed nice enough. FYI, Esca is the restaurant and it was fantastic. All Italian and seafood, right in my wheelhouse.

Matt Lauer, on the other hand, wouldn’t wave at us.

Some color:

so, you were the annoying camera guy who stops in the middle of the street to take pictures? are you Japanese?? :smiley:

Great photo’s man.

23sailfish- 1
CaptFritz- 0

These are some great photos aside from the annoying watermark.
I would point out the fact that I should get a half point for posting mine in the TRAVEL forum instead of OFF TOPIC though. I wouldn’t want to challenged to a PHOTOGRAPHYOFF though. Unless 23 competes with a ****ty camera phone like I was.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

That’s all the pics,thought you took yo camera?