Nice boating circle route

I am looking to plan a route, starting in the CHS harbor, i.e. The wapoo cut ramp or remleys ramp. I would like to head out, go south through dynamite hole, then come back in somewhere and circle back to the ramps. Somewhere around 2-3 hour trip. Something I can do when parents come in town and just want to take a cruise on the boat. I could even go out the harbor, out the jetties and to the north if that is better. I have heard not to enter the stone inlet but that would be perfect. What about the Edisto inlet? Anything else out there to make a nice route?

You can do a nice circle route right in the harbor. Come out of Wappoo cut and cruise by the yachts at the city Marina. Go along the battery and then up the cooper to the aquarium. Cross the harbor and check out the Yorktown. You can cut around the corner and go into Shem creek from there. Be careful its shallow along the golf course side. The trip through Shem creek is always a hit. Lots of stuff to see and take pictures of. Come out the other side of crab bank and cut across the harbor to look at fort Sumter up close. From there head back to the Wappoo and wrap up the cruise. This trip is plenty of fun for people from out of town. It can be rough going out of the jetties and there is so much to see right in the harbor that’s what I would do.

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

Yep,you can stop at Shem Creek and have lunch and a cold one and watch all the paddle boarders and boats mix it up!

I would recommend dorado’s trip route versus trying to find your way through the Clark Sound or navigate Stono inlet, if you are not familiar with those areas…plenty to see along the Peninsula, shem Creek, etc…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

What Bonzo said… Stono Inlet changes and can be tricky

Thanks everybody for the input…

Thanks everybody for the input…