No reason, just wanted it

probably because I watch too many of those survival shows…

and it looked cool

I was in TN visiting family and went to the Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville. Just looking around and came across this survival knife at a REALLY good price. I said “What the heck, the meanwifeboss isn’t with me.” So I bought the Schrade schf17. A titanium coated high carbon stainless tanto style blade with …blah, blah, blah…

Anyone else have one of these types of man toys we don’t really need? What cutting, chopping, skinning tools are you folks going to face Armageddon with?

j

A bible will be my weapon of choice.

I love that place, haven’t been in years.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Love me some SMKW!!! We would stop by there every year on our way to deer hunt in KY.

Just like with everything else, you get what you pay for. The majority of my “edge tools” are Benchmade. I have a couple of TOPS too.

My grandmother had a family bible that was big enough to be used as a “blunt force” weapon. Lol!!

No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how far you fall…you are never out of the fight.

quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

It's really hard to skin an animal with a Bible :smiley:, but it should definitely be in the arsenal!!!
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

It's really hard to skin an animal with a Bible :smiley:, but it should definitely be in the arsenal!!!

I’ve seen some of those big family ones that can probably kill an animal. Brings a whole new definition to Bible thumper.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

I’ve seen some of those big family ones that can probably kill an animal. Brings a whole new definition to Bible thumper.

Yes, but AFTER you kill it, it's pretty hard to cut through the breastplate of large game even with a hard back edition. That's all I am saying.

I like it!

It will keep keep your fingernails clean!

Sevierville has a really nice classic car museum there too if you like that sort of thing.

SchradeKM1
Love it. Short enough to fit in my backpack but heavy and long enough to handle 3" branches in 1-3 swings. Came with a nice case with a lot of straps on it, a sharpener, and fire starter. Comfortably grip. Got it off Amazon probably.

Sorry if the pic is huge

First, Most, Biggest

That slot on the back of your blade looks like it might get damaged if you were battoning

First, Most, Biggest

Quite possible, I haven’t battoned yet. But it is a 1/4 think blade, it’s pretty stout. Some video reviews I looked at showed battoning with no damage, but it might over time. If so, well I spent less than an Andrew Jackson on it.

I looked at one like yours at SMKW, nice feel to it, but I already have a pretty good machete type blade.

j

Does this purchase have anything to do with your recently announced obsession over Christina Hendricks? We need to know right now before going any further.

quote:
Does this purchase have anything to do with your recently announced obsession over Christina Hendricks? We need to know right now before going any further.

Pertinent question.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Dang, y’all figured it out.

I have to protect my future girlfriend. SO BACK OFF!

No. No connection here. I am not making any travel plans to Hollywood or wherever she may lay that gorgeous pair of…

whoa! I got to stop thinking about her.

j

GW, looks like your ready for naked and afraid now!

I’ve been into ESSEE knives for a while. Some of my favorite bush knives. Got the ESSEE 6 and an Izulla II. They used to go by R.A.T. Knives. Very stout. Lifetime warranty no questions asked. Can pretty much use them for anything you want. Check them out, pricey but worth it.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

GW, looks like your ready for naked and afraid now!

Haha if it would be allowed with the fire starter included it would be the best tool to take by far.

First, Most, Biggest