No shoulders

Just a reminder as the weather is getting hot now mr or in my case mrs. no shoulders are out on the move and probably a bit aggressive. I was doing yard work this past weekend with a brush cutter blade on the weed eater mainly because it’s easier than replacing string, but in some higher than usual weeds against my house I had about 2 foot of snake tail rise up at me. After a moment of WTF :clown_face:[:I] I realized it was only a corn snake burrowed in the ground. I tried to pull it up and was going to move it outside of my yard unharmed when I found it the brush cutter had done a number on her and the end third of the snake came off in my hand with a visible egg and intestines. Not wanting the thing to suffer anymore nor die and stink near the house I got a shovel and dug a good 3-4 foot in either direction, but I could not find the rest of the snake. After a few min I heard noises and out comes the head of the snake about 10 foot away and starts crawling towards it’s back end…kind of a zombie like thing. I lined up the shovel to dispatch it and before I could I saw something I’ve not seen a non-venomous snake do before. It flattened it’s head in the the classing pit viper triangular shape all North American venomous snakes have except the Coral (red touch yellow :dizzy_face:). Darn thing made me question myself about it’s identity and a bit more leery of it trying like hell to strike my foot even it it’s mortally injured state. After I had killed it and reconfirmed it was only a corn snake pictures, round pupil, triangular shape gone with snake no longer in defense mode I realized how someone could easily mistake that one for a copper head as the color patterns at a quick glance are at least somewhat similar especially when about 2 foot of snake comes raising up out of the ground at you ominously. I’m just glad it wasn’t the business end of her. I hate that I had to kill it as I know how many pests they consume and I wouldn’t have mucked with it other than to move it along out of my yard otherwise, but be weary

What? No 22?

Great story, I had one come out of a palm tree dang near on my shoulder. Lost my mind!

Hasn’t returned.

quote:
Originally posted by friogatto

What? No 22?

Great story, I had one come out of a palm tree dang near on my shoulder. Lost my mind!

Hasn’t returned.

:smiley:what the snake or your mind?

Double D.

How does the blade work on the 40V? Never taught about one for mine!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

How does the blade work on the 40V? Never taught about one for mine!

I have Ryobi one because I think I own 90% of their 18V stuff so I stayed with the brand. It is pretty dang powerful. I have a good bit of fence and stone edging (an hour at least) I have to use it on and with the batteries I can get it all done. The blade will take a pencil thick sugarberry bush out in one swipe. Thumb sized or thicker will go pretty quickly too. On the blade part I guess I cheated a bit because out of the package it had square faced edges all the way around which seemed a bit inefficient to me. I tried it though and didn't like the results so I got the grinder out and put a lawnmower like edge on to the cutting surfaces which IMO has made it a lot better. You have to be careful near hard objects and fencing, but after the snake incident I don't think I'll be going to back to a less lethal option lol. Next time it could be mr. timber rattler.

You gonna talk or FISH!