No VIN # or Hull ID On "New" Used Boat

I picked up an Aqua Force 15’ Flats today. It’s said to be a 2000 model. The paint looks factory, and the transom seems original.

There is NO NUMBER on the transom.

I got the boat from GA, 312 miles away. The seller didn’t have the GA DNR registration, because he got the boat from another guy he did some work for. He did have the Bill of Sale for me, though. He’s supposed to be trying to get the registration card for me.

HOWEVER, there’s no hull ID.

Anyone have any idea what I should do about not having a hull number in order to get it registered?

Worse comes to worse – can I call GA’s DNR, give them the registration numbers on the side of the boat, and have them give me the info I need?

Why are things always so difficult for me:question:

'05 Wellcraft 232 Coastal
'73 Grady White 191 Weekender
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm goin' out to sea."  (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

if its registered in ga, then they should have the hull id#
we often have boats that have had transom repairs that dont have the hull #'s anymore

I’m now at www.teamcharlestonmarine.com

I found it here: http://www.georgiawildlife.com/boating/registration

Now – I know SCDNR wants a picture or an etching of the HIN. How do I give them this if there is no number to give?

I have the info printed off of GA’s website, but that’s it.

Should I get someone to make an aluminum plate and just glue it to the hull? Or, can I take my Dremel and etch it in???

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I'm goin' out to sea."  (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

Once you get the hull ID number, do as you said, pop rivot a aluminum tag to it!

Saltwater fisherman landlocked in Inman!

Wonder if anywhere in Camden can do such a thing…?

I think a Dremel would work just fine; right???

Working and looking respectable are to different things, but it is your boat.

quote:
Originally posted by mudflat

Working and looking respectable are to different things, but it is your boat.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

LOL. I’m actually going to check out our local trophy shop and have them engrave a piece of SS or Al, and then take some SS screws and set it.

I should be good to go after that! To give credit where credit is due, this advice came from THT…

Here’s the boat:

:smiley:

I think Mako has been doing it that way for many years!

Forgot to mention above – that’s not my truck/house. :sunglasses: Those are the seller’s pictures. :wink: (Not that it really matters…)

'05 Wellcraft 232 Coastal rockin' a Yammie F225
'00 Aqua Force Flats 15 w/ Yammie F25

There is a form on the DNR website to apply for a new hull ID number.

SeaPro 180CC

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

There is a form on the DNR website to apply for a new hull ID number.

Thanks, but since I found the number by searching the GADNR database, I’ll use the correct one, and just affix it to the boat.

¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯
‘05 Wellcraft 232 Coastal rockin’ a Yammie F225
‘00 Aqua Force Flats 15 w/ Yammie F25
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I’m goin’ out to sea." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

Oh, right! Sorry I missed that…

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke

sick little boat.

ft worry.

quote:
Originally posted by cordrayj1

sick little boat.

Thanks! I’m anxious to see how it runs, what drafts, etc.

(Even more anxious to get some paperwork in order.)

¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸¸.•´¯•.¸¸.•´´¯•• .¸_
‘05 Wellcraft 232 Coastal rockin’ a Yammie F225
‘00 Aqua Force Flats 15 w/ Yammie F25
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I’m goin’ out to sea." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

Silver, bring it down this fall and I’ll take you shrimping. Nice looking boat.

Ed Black

Triton 2486 WA Yam OX250
Scout 175 CC Yam 175

Ed Black

Triton 2486 WA Yam OX250
Scout 175 CC Yam 175

silver, send me your # and I’ll make you one. what size about 1" x 3" with 1/2 # and 2 rivet wholes?
I’m in sumter.
jeff

Look in the bilge, compartments etc. the hull number is hidden in two places other than the transom just like car vin # are. Get a mirror and a light and you will find the original #. This is no BS they did that for getting stolen reasons.:wink: I have found them on my boat and had law inforcement tell me this also.

26’ Twinvee
Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

Where in camden do you live

25 WA grady white twin 200 yamahas"DropNhook"

quote:
Originally posted by Yahoo

Ed, I’ll hold you to that. I did the whole baiting thing in my old 16’ skiff and my shrimp cost me a little over $115.00/lb. That was my first and last trip. I’d love to try it again, and be somewhat more successful.

quote:
Originally posted by jjfishing

silver, send me your # and I’ll make you one. what size about 1" x 3" with 1/2 # and 2 rivet wholes?
I’m in sumter.
jeff

Sweet! I’ll PM you in a bit! I don’t think I can rivet it though, as I have no way to do this, and I don’t really know anywhere in town to get that done.

quote:
Originally posted by Capt Ed

Look in the bilge, compartments etc. the hull number is hidden in two places other than the transom just like car vin # are. Get a mirror and a light and you will find the original #. This is no BS they did that for getting stolen reasons.:wink: I have found them on my boat and had law inforcement tell me this also.

I looked everywhere. I’ve done about everything but stand on my head inside the boat. I could’t find ANYTHING anywhere. Someone mentioned this on THT, and that’s when I tried. No joy.

quote:
Originally posted by DropnHook29

Where in camden do you live?<hr height=“1” noshade i