North Inlet 9/5-9/8

Fished NI for a couple days last week. First day was slow, caught 1 red and a couple trash fish. Went out to NI wreck and caught a few endangered sea bass and that was it. Friday was a little better, caught 5 reds and 2 flounder, biggest was 19". Saturday was off the hook, caught 37 redfish and 4 flounder. Went through 5 dozen minnows by 10 in the am, caught a mess of finger mullet and used them up by 11. Left the fish biting and went and watched the Gamecocks destroy EC, GO COCKS!

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

THats awesome, we had a smilar day on Sunday. Thanks for the report.

Pretty crappy when you post catching 37 reds in Sept. and get 1 reply. Not sure what has happened to this section.

Good work.
I am assuming all weren’t bull reds, what was the size spread? How far back in the creek?

outstanding jan

trying to decide if I should fish cape romain or North inlet out of georgetown. can you tell me what you would recommend. Are they about the same or is one better?

2012 DLV 198 Carolina Skiff
Humingbird 998 Side scan and GPS
GPS trolling motor
Clear Skies

quote:
Originally posted by Juice

Pretty crappy when you post catching 37 reds in Sept. and get 1 reply. Not sure what has happened to this section.

Good work.
I am assuming all weren’t bull reds, what was the size spread? How far back in the creek?

Most were lower slot with a couple over slot. Fish were stacked up at the mouth of a feeder creek a ways back in the inlet.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:
Originally posted by genehunter

trying to decide if I should fish cape romain or North inlet out of georgetown. can you tell me what you would recommend. Are they about the same or is one better?

2012 DLV 198 Carolina Skiff
Humingbird 998 Side scan and GPS
GPS trolling motor
Clear Skies

Not real familiar with Cape Romain, I would say go with whichever place you are most comfortable with. Both areas can be tricky to get into so be careful.