Not fishing this weekend

My parts pimp asked me a while back if if I could go look at issue he had at his house. The overflow from his AC not plumbed out the soffit. And the float switch on his AC pan was not connected. So the water was running down the wall enticing the termites.

All put back together and ready for paint. Brick Mason can’t come till next week.

These pictures job security.

I can see tons of defects from the road.
Using stucco tape on the tyvek. Taping the horizontal seams. They’re not lapping the felt paper on the hips. Improper flashing on the porches no flashing on the heads of the windows. Put my United rental shirt on tomorrow and go out get a lot more pictures. So in a couple years when this goes in litigation I will have pictures for sale.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

Why demolish the outer brick wall?

Didn’t miss anything in Cherry Grove,went yesterday,water was 62 on the falling and was dead as a hammer. Few bluefish around.

No way to waterproof or install the window

Billy
Old dud down the street fished Saturday and Sunday. 1 little flounder. He also said he fed a lot of bluefish.

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

There is no shortage of poor workmanship in building these days. Or other things for that matter.

I just ripped out a tile surround around the tub in my upstairs bathroom to renovate since the boys are out of the house now. I was telling a neighbor what a b*tch it was because each tile had to be chiseled out because it was put in so well and all the cement board had so many screws. He said, “well at least whoever put it in did a good job”. I laughed and said, “yeah, and had I know that one day I would be ripping it out, I wouldn’t have done such a good job”.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Here’s another perfect example .

First mistake the window wrap is on the outside of the paper not lapped properly.& No head flashing. And you do not rap the bottom flange.
Nothing but tyvek behind the band on the porch.
The big question is first of all why did the builder not catch this. Second why his managers not caught this. And the big question is why have the design professionals not caught this.
And don’t even think about the building inspectors . They do not look at waterproofing issues all he cares is there’s tie back on the building.
I would bet a large amount of money in 5 years both of these properties will be in litigation. I would say job security for me. But my ass plans on being retired by then. But I will have pictures for sale

22 life’s a day

Do you have pics of properly installed windows to compare? Just showed your pics to a builder and he said what you posted is current industry standards. So how can that be future litigation?

Bay
I’m in Greenville right now then have to go to Savannah. No pictures on my phone. Next Thursday and Friday I will be in Charleston. And can take you some pictures. We have a project with 24 buildings. Replacing all the windows and siding due to improper window installation.

The peel and stick above the window will eventually come loose… which obviously will allow water intrusion. All siding, stucco and especially vinyl will leak.

These windows are closer to being installed properly.

We build nothing new. All we do is rebuild buildings that have been in litigation or are in litigation. & We do forensic inspections with the engineers and attorneys.
They call it DT destructive testing. Typically most buildings are under 10 years old.

Like I said I will be in Charleston next Thursday and Friday I have doctor’s appointments 08 at the VA. Both Thursday and Friday.( Go figure government inefficiency)
Then going to the job.

I would be more than happy to have you come out and see what we do & and how we do it.
I will take you to lunch.
And we could talk trash about all the other members on the forum . Haha.

22 life’s a day

Oops the other one you can’t see so well.
At the head of the window they sliced it so it so they could get the proper lap.
But that red stucco tape will eventually dry up and turn the dust.
Possibly leak

22 life’s a day

Kool! I’ll try to pm my number to you :ok_hand:

Unfortunately, doesn’t seem like a lot of member’s left to talk trash about. Hope you two make the date. I got to go once on a CFC member trip when everyone used to meet up at Bessengers for lunch, but From what I hear that place is just not the same anymore.

My hope of a new restaurant is to take my Mom to Cod Fathers for some Fish and Chips.

Mmmmm, Cod Fathers.

CpbyOTC.
I would be more than happy to have you come out and see what we do & and how we do it.
I will take you to lunch.

In a legal sense like Biden’s scotus nominee says the word you is an inclusive term

Guest list so far for free lunches at Cod Fathers:
Bayrider
Fred
DF

Who else would like to meet up? :+1:

https://youtu.be/Ug5cML5O1qc

For a while there years back, we used to meet at Bessinger’s once a week. It was truly the good ole days.

I’ll meet you guys someday. I’m close to Codfathers.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Guest list so far for free lunches at Cod Fathers:
Bayrider
Fred
DF
OTC

Who else would like to meet up? :+1:

When are you thinking??

FREE LUNCH!!!
S#!T man I’m like a stray dog

22 life’s a day

Not only are you OTC now you’re Off The Hook for paying! If you play that song backwards that EF posted it says he’s coming with a pocket full of silver certificates, but he’s made us reservations at Hall’s Chop House. How you want your filet cooked?

I plan on being down that way for a few days the 2nd week of April. Crashing at my son’s place for my wife’s spring break. Gonna leave his lights on, take long showers and leave stuff lying around.

LOL :+1:
My youngest is back in the house and I was the last to get a shower and just finishing up when there goes the hot Water!! been a long time since that happened.

It would have to be on a week end for me.

Bay.
I don’t know if they let me in there.
Hahaha.

22 life’s a day