Noth BB 9/24

So my brother and i made it out for our 2nd trip of the year. This time we brought our littles (6 and 7 year olds) out on this trip. We never made it out to BB last year. We entered the bay on the north end and went past all the gaggle of boats at the mouth of the bay. Headed off to the south and found them pretty fast. The dolphins are a big give away. Set poles, baited and made 5 passes about 2 hours and coolered out. 90% L-XL. Another fantastic day. Last to set up around us and first to leave. My last post two weeks ago was the cow penssssss. The shrimp were much bigger in BB then the CP.

4 Likes

I’m glad your trip was productive. Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the post.

jgriz

1 Like

Awesome. Glad to hear the skrimps are still there. That was always my favorite place to go shrimping. May not cooler out every time but, never failed to get some shrimp.

1 Like

Only my opinion. But t have had dolphins all over my poles before and still done well! I know that in the late fall they tear up the schooling spottails. I think dolphins mostly eat fish. ???

Thats interesting you say that. My brother and i had a canversation about that while we were out there. Our first two runs we were getting small whitings, crocker and spot here and there. After the tide started to move we stopped catching the fish and the dolphins moved off. We thought the same thing that they were after the fish and not our shrimps. On our first pass we had dolphin right on our last pole. We almost skipped it but i teld him lets hit it to see what the damage is but low and behold still full of shrimp.

This is good news! Coming down this weekend. Can’t wait!

Keep us posted on your adventure!!

1 Like

Weather not looking to good for this weekend

60% of the time, the weather man is wrong every time.Remember last week?

2 Likes

Going today south bulls bay. Hope you are right on dolphin and weather.