October MSC Tournament Results

Midlands Striper Club held its monthly tournament out of Acapulco, SC on October 15, 2016. 18 teams participated in the MSC October Tournament. After the worst fish kill on Lake Murray in more than 10 years, fishing on the lake was understandably tough. A total of 30 striped bass were brought to the scales weighing a total of 174.02 pounds with a 5.80 pound average. 14 teams were able to bring a full two fish creel to the scales.

Finishing in first place with a total weight of 18.28 pounds was Team Stone Age captained by Rick Sineath along with Liz Sineath, both from Lexington, SC.

Team Stone Age also won Big Fish with a 9.94-pound Striper.

Finishing in second place with a total weight of 13.33 pounds was Team Landlocked captained by Richy Brensinger from Lexington, SC, along with Joey Smoak from Lexington, SC, and Wayne Bell from Saluda, SC.

Finishing in third place with a total weight of 13.23 pounds was Team Catchall captained by Lee Thomas from Leesville, SC, along with Kreg Frady from Leesville, SC, and Carl Thompson form Santee, SC.

Finishing in eleventh place with a total weight of 10.03 pounds was Team Fish Sticks.

Smallest creel went to Team Hard of Herring with a total weight of 5.35 pounds.

Lady Angler Award went to Liz Sineath from Team Stone Age.

Youth Angler Award went to Christopher Higgins from Team Wildman.

The Palmetto State Armory Fishing Outpost prize went to Team Fish Sticks.

Next Tournament will be November 19, 2016. Lines in at 6:30 a.m. Lines out at 2:30 p.m. Weigh in starts at 3:00 p.m. at Acapulco.

1st Place & Big Fish - Team Stone Age

2nd Place - Team Landlocked

3rd Place - Team Catchall

11th Place & Palmetto State Armory Fishing Outpost Gift Card Winner - Team Fish Sticks

Smallest Creel - Team Hard of Herring

Lady Angler - Liz Sineath

Youth Angler - Christopher Higgins

… it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish !!!

2005 Sea Pro 2100cc / Yamaha 150hp 4-Stroke

Great job everyone and congrats to the top finishers. Looks like it was a little tough to find the bigger fish. October is always difficult, Hopefully November will bring with it some big fish!!!

Congrats Liz and Rick on the win. Y’all deserve it. Maybe one day I’ll get back out there and give everyone a run for there money. :smiley:

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish