Offshore injury (severe bleeding) last week?

The CG always says pan pan even if some a boat is in jeopardy. You could have a dead guy, a dying guy and a sinking boat and the CG is going to say pan pan and alert all stations to your situation. Correct? Only the vessel in distress would say Mayday. SO, how does the recreational guy know it is time to pick up lines and head to coordinates to offer assistance?

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

The CG usually requests assistance from any vessel in the area and broadcasts the coordinates along with the detail they have. We responded to a mayday call a few years ago and that is how it went down. Alternatively, if you have any doubts, you can call the CG and relay your position and ask if they would like you to assist. For the most part its just common sense.

best bet is a local fire department, 2yr certification through the American Heart Association. It’s usually a three hour course, compared to the 8hr Red Cross, which is only good for one year. Fire stations usually have one every month.

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

Red cross and fire departments usually have classes.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

3 hours vs 8 hours? Is that the cliff notes version? just asking.

GW 232GT Gulfstream
150Yam x 2
“3rd Day”
Gen. Chap.1 Vs.9-13

You can make your own decision. If I can choose between a highly qualified paramedic or a Red Cross employee. I know where I am going. As for the time, I hope it doesnt take you 8 hours to learn CPR.

quote]Originally posted by In Pursuit

3 hours vs 8 hours? Is that the cliff notes version? just asking.

GW 232GT Gulfstream
150Yam x 2
“3rd Day”
Gen. Chap.1 Vs.9-13
[/quote]

our entire crew is now cpr and 02 provider qualified, a must when you have old guys on the crew! 12 of our dive crew just took the course from (DNR) Michelle, through Chas. Scuba very professional young lady.

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.