Offshore Medical Course

Hey CF!

We are a start-up company of current and former Special Forces Soldiers and Seals based out of Charleston. We offer disaster/emergency preparedness services as well as firearms training and I wanted to gauge your interest in an offshore medical course. We have a couple 18 Deltas (SF medics) on staff and we were considering offering an intro course to Trauma Medicine geared toward inshore/offshore fishermen. The course would cover the basics: Breathing, Bleeding, and Broken and how to address these kinds of injuries while you wait for the Coast Guard. If we could put that together, would any of you be interested?

Thanks!

Interesting concept?.how different would this be from what Red Cross offers? Would you go around to various boat/fishing clubs and offer classes?

And what would the cost be?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I’m in… And thank you so much for your service to our nation.

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

I would be interested as well. Never know what is going to happen offshore

Charlie
www.tidedownsportfishing.com
(843)312-2981

Would it be similar to a Wilderness First Responder course? Would you do WFR and WFA courses and recerts? Mine is expiring in the next 6 months and I’m looking for a local place to do it.

I do not fish offshore but I wanted to just say I think this is a phenomenal idea.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

quote:
Originally posted by sea tonic

Interesting concept?.how different would this be from what Red Cross offers? Would you go around to various boat/fishing clubs and offer classes?

That’s the plan! The idea is to offer it a few willing marinas during the slow season. Our 18 Deltas are considerably more proactive than the Red Cross. We want to address common types of injuries with a focus on the more life threatening issues that require immediate treatment. The course would provide you with some guidance on how to build and utilize a comprehensive offshore first aid kit, as well as how to improvise with the equipment you have around you to handle emergencies.
The biggest difference between the training is that this knowledge is coming from the most proficient medics in the world who have seen hundreds of real world injuries and dealt with them in some of the most austere conditions imaginable.
Learning CPR on Resuscitation Annie is great and all, but when someone falls off a tuna tower and smashes their head, has an eye injury, an open fracture, or a deep laceration hours away from rescue, you’ll deal with a level of first aid that I have never seen in a Red Cross Class

Tactical Training and Survival Services. www.yarborough-group.com